On an 7.5 diesel generator

jegall

4 hours ago, jegall said:

I need part number for remote prime / start / stop. Switch for model HDKAJ onan generator it’s a 6 pin .

My thinking is that is is NOT an Onan/Cummins PN.  It is just a plain DPDT Center OFF, Momentary contact switch.  Carling actually supplied almost all of the “mushroom” style switches.  Especially the front dash remote switches.  A picture would help….also looking at your prints.  I have had mine out,  if it is a DPDT switch, there are 6 pins.  BUT, on the Carlings, there are two or more wires.  You have to have an “ON” which is a feedback from the Generator ON circuit as well as a “night” or dash lights jewel or bulb.  To make things more complicated, if the switch is switching “positive” power, then you need a “ground” to make both the IN USE or ON light as well as the “dashlight” indicator light up.

Also, typically, Monaco opted for the “Ground switched” method for the Onan.  i THINK the generator had the option, via some simple configuration on the control board to be “Positive or Negative” switched.

there might be a listing in the Parts list.  BTW, if the actuator or the “mushroom” or the part you push has broken and won’t stay in, you can purchase either a custom logoed one or a standard…..the switch usually never fails, but the plastic locks or snap fittings fail.  So, don’t expect to find a Monaco direct replacement.  NWRV Supply MIGHT have them….but you really need the schematic and style.  My Exhaust brake actuator failed….high usage.  I never found an exact match and put in a red one with the correct lights and a Brother printed label.

ASK…Google Monaco Carling Onan Generator Switch.  There is an IRV2 thread with 4 different topics or discussions….here is the firsf.  It says the same thing I did…and it has thr Switch number from Carling.  BUT, you have tomhavd a GOOD actuator or top and there is a special Carling tool for properly removing and most folks break them due to brute force and not knowing how,  I swapped two and lucked out….next time, a cheap Amazon tool (put Carling Switch Tool in the Amazon search box) will be my next “specialty tool”

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/generator-switch-front-dash-question-543207-2.html

Thats the first one….

Good Luck.