Power Shade

Guest terry05dip

Guest terry05dip

Does anyone have in there scrap pile a Carefree of Colorado Power Visor? Mine broke free while driving down the road. That will wake you up. Looking for the 2 end mounts for a QF040MA24L. This is a 40 in long with a 24 in drop, left side motor visor. My visor still work fine just broken mounting brackets. Exhausted all sources. Carefree no longer manufactures. 

Thank you

20 hours ago, terry05dip said:

Does anyone have in there scrap pile a Carefree of Colorado Power Visor? Mine broke free while driving down the road. That will wake you up. Looking for the 2 end mounts for a QF040MA24L. This is a 40 in long with a 24 in drop, left side motor visor. My visor still work fine just broken mounting brackets. Exhausted all sources. Carefree no longer manufactures. 

Thank you

Eventually this happens to everyone.  The end pieces will break and CareFree’s answer is throw away what is otherwise a perfectly good shade and replace it with a new, very expensive one.

I think this would be the classic project for someone with a 3D scanner and printer.  Take a set of unbroken shades and make copies of the end pieces.  Make a few at a time for pennies, no need for a big production run.  Like I said, we’ll all need them eventually.  There are plenty of other parts 3D printers are perfect for.

Ed

’05 HR Ambassador 

Edited by saflyer

I ended up using metal pipe strapping, and shaped and bent it around the end of the shade.  Spray painted it black and screwed into the header with better quality pan head screws.  It's held up for 4 years so far.

Jason.

I had exactly the same thing happen when the plastic mounting bracket broke - on a mountain road. I couldn't find a part that would work and fixed it with a tough piece of plastic strapping used to hang pipes. I mounted it around the the shade mechanism using the screws that were there. Works fine so far.