Main Door Trimark 030-0900 Lock Keys Questions & Help.

On 8/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, FLynes said:

When my locksmith did the exact same thing for our '76 Monaco two years ago, it cost me $70 for two keys and was well worth the price.

OK….that was my point.  If there are individual PN Locks that will replace the Trimark 030-0900 (memory) and they are $35 - $40 on Amazon and have over a 1000 ratings or are above 4.5, why spend $$ on salvaging the original.

So, do what is best for you. But many members, if you care to post the cost later,  might benefit later and have enough information and then, based on the local locksmith’s hourly rate will have a better idea and also what to do.  We all learn.

Thanks…

Well, as simply as I can put it, because the lock works, and I don’t want to screw with it. I just need a key made. It’s not rocket science.

Respectfully, I’m done discussing this.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:03 PM, FLynes said:

Well, as simply as I can put it, because the lock works, and I don’t want to screw with it. I just need a key made. It’s not rocket science.

Respectfully, I’m done discussing this.

Agreed.  But if you would like to provide information to others about the cost for making the impression and the key cutting....that would be beneficial to others so they can evaluate options….if not, then this is closed.

Good Luck and hope it works.

• Like 1

I got the quote from my locksmith… If I bring him the motorhome, which I will, then it’s $30 to make an impression and, once that key is made, it’s eight dollars per copy, so my total would be $46 plus tax. That, to me, is well worth the cost of not having to deal with the headache of taking that lock apart, buying some aftermarket POS made in China, and hoping that it will fit and work like my existing lock already does

Edited by FLynes
  • Like 4

Even better news, and I have Walter (wamcneil) to thank. He PM'd me and asked if I had the build sheet to our coach, which I do.....the key codes for ALL the TriMark locks are on that build sheet and labeled accordingly.

Walter, you are the man.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FLynes said:

Even better news, and I have Walter (wamcneil) to thank. He PM'd me and asked if I had the build sheet to our coach, which I do.....the key codes for ALL the TriMark locks are on that build sheet and labeled accordingly.

Walter, you are the man.

That is great news.  Did not know that Monaco listed the keys.  Pulled my build sheet and found the vendor for the steering column.  The Trimark keys for the bays and passage locks was not listed.  Mine are the electronic.  

BUT, the Steering Column info is great as we can now start to chase parts.

Thanks for reminding me to never doubt (trust?) Monaco..... the tip on the data card was great...

👍🏻