Main Door Trimark 030-0900 Lock Keys Questions & Help.

Is the baggage lock key supposed to lock the deadbolt (top keyhole) on the main door? I ask, because, while the baggage key does fit into the deadbolt keyhole, it will not turn, and I only have two Trimark keys. The bottom keyhole locks just fine with the key I have. The other key, the baggage key, does lock all of my baggage doors.

Frederic, I have 3 keys. One for the deadbolt on the door and one for the salesman key on the same lock. The 3rd key is for the basement door locks. The basement door locks only have on key. 

Okay, so I'm missing a key it would seem. Next question, there is a code that is only printed on the bottom keyhole...do I use that code to have a new key made for the deadbolt, or do I just have a locksmith cut a blank, using the deadbolt lock itself?

Edited by FLynes

I have not had that problem. I would suggest that you go to a RV dealer or locksmith that can cut the keys using the numbers for the correct key form. My keys  has 2 different forms (os slots). I gave no idea if they can do that just from the number. 

2 hours ago, FLynes said:

Is the baggage lock key supposed to lock the deadbolt (top keyhole) on the main door? I ask, because, while the baggage key does fit into the deadbolt keyhole, it will not turn, and I only have two Trimark keys. The bottom keyhole locks just fine with the key I have. The other key, the baggage key, does lock all of my baggage doors.

Large_T500.jpg

OK, having read all this, I think the LaPalma is difficult from the bulk of the Monaco’s that our members have.  Trying to sort it out needs more information.  Do you have the Owner’s manual?  What does it say?  

My own logic would be tway that @Martinvz described.  One key for the dead bolt.  One key for the “non” Deadbolt lock.  One key for the bay locks….  IF that is what he means, then there are THREE SEPARATE and no interchangeable keys.

But, IF I read and reread @FLynes posts.  You have TWO, IDENTICAL TRIMARK Keys.  The fit the NON DEAD BOLT lock on the door and also the bay doors.  THAT scenario would have been the most logical and was what Monaco used on the rest.  The “pull” or passage door lock and the bay locks are keyed alike.  The DEADBOLT is a security Key, itself, and is different.  I cannot quite understand why Martinz has three keys, but again the manual describes the systems and the interchangeability of the locks.

The next Step….identifying your series.  I posted a Screen shot from Amazon.  You need to google or call Trimark and find out the lock or key style.  If your Trimark has a number?  There is a “key” code stamped on the lock. Trimark has great customer support.  There are 14 codes for the picture.  

But….you did not state if they are the “electronic” style.  If the lock is a non electric, then Amazon has replacements, or other brands, that look almost like what you posted.  Way cheaper…$26 & two keys.  

The next step, and I have done this is to find a reputable large Locksmith.  They MUST be an authorized Trimark dealer.  Most locksmiths have, like when there are only 14 numbers, a master set….  Many RV Dealers carry stock keys….but not all have all types.

Trimark with pictures of the lock faces, ID numbers….main & bay would be my first stop….or if your keys are the AMAZON, ORDER a whole set and send back what doesn’t work.  A locksmith can pick a lock, but your locks are “fabricated”, I think, in the lock housing.  So, no luck on the codes….measure and order a new lock….notch the kets and use the 3 key system like Martinz.

IMG_0962.png

2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

OK, having read all this, I think the LaPalma is difficult from the bulk of the Monaco’s that our members have.  Trying to sort it out needs more information.  Do you have the Owner’s manual?  What does it say?  

My own logic would be tway that @Martinvz described.  One key for the dead bolt.  One key for the “non” Deadbolt lock.  One key for the bay locks….  IF that is what he means, then there are THREE SEPARATE and no interchangeable keys.

But, IF I read and reread @FLynes posts.  You have TWO, IDENTICAL TRIMARK Keys.  The fit the NON DEAD BOLT lock on the door and also the bay doors.  THAT scenario would have been the most logical and was what Monaco used on the rest.  The “pull” or passage door lock and the bay locks are keyed alike.  The DEADBOLT is a security Key, itself, and is different.  I cannot quite understand why Martinz has three keys, but again the manual describes the systems and the interchangeability of the locks.

The next Step….identifying your series.  I posted a Screen shot from Amazon.  You need to google or call Trimark and find out the lock or key style.  If your Trimark has a number?  There is a “key” code stamped on the lock. Trimark has great customer support.  There are 14 codes for the picture.  

But….you did not state if they are the “electronic” style.  If the lock is a non electric, then Amazon has replacements, or other brands, that look almost like what you posted.  Way cheaper…$26 & two keys.  

The next step, and I have done this is to find a reputable large Locksmith.  They MUST be an authorized Trimark dealer.  Most locksmiths have, like when there are only 14 numbers, a master set….  Many RV Dealers carry stock keys….but not all have all types.

Trimark with pictures of the lock faces, ID numbers….main & bay would be my first stop….or if your keys are the AMAZON, ORDER a whole set and send back what doesn’t work.  A locksmith can pick a lock, but your locks are “fabricated”, I think, in the lock housing.  So, no luck on the codes….measure and order a new lock….notch the kets and use the 3 key system like Martinz.

IMG_0962.png

Tom,

No, I have two different Trimark keys, one a 2001 for my bay doors and a 1091 for my main door "pull" latch. The 2001 key does fit into the deadbolt but it will not turn the lock. The main door lock is, per Trimark's website, part #030-0900 and is not electric in any way, shape or form. The only code is located on the bottom keyhole and it says "1P". I'll call Trimark on Monday and see if they can help, per your suggestion. Here's a pic of the latch and keys, which does not match up at all with the original pic I posted, sorry about that....between what I think I remember it looking like and what it actually looks like are two different things.....five concussions and a heart attack have really swiss-cheesed my memory....I've removed the pic I posted in my first post.

on edit: Tom, if you would, please, change the latch model in my title to 030-0900, instead of TM500...the TM500 is the bay latch model, not the main door latch.

IMG_2527.jpg

IMG_2528.jpg

Edited by FLynes

Hi Tom, Frederic and I had a conversation about this today.

On the LaPalma we have no electronic locks and no electronic controls such as the Intellitec or Kronsberg systems. All very manual, low tech and debatebly easy to fix.
So in terms of the keys, the basement storage has a fairly common key used for this purpose on many coaches (according to the local dealership) as is the key used on the door lock, to make it easy for the dealerships to open and close the doors on the lot. When it comes to the deadbolt, it is a unique key so that the coach is secured in your absence or when you you are home with the door locked.  Having the same key for the basement doors and the deadbolt defeats the security feature, imho. On the higher end coaches with electronic locks, there is less need for the safety aspect. Personally, it is like different passwords for different websites, more is better 😎
For simplicity, I can understand why Frederic would like to use the same key for the basement door locks and the deadbolt but I would not recommend it. 
Just my opinion as it relates to the lower end coach and our safety. 

5 hours ago, Martinvz said:

Hi Tom, Frederic and I had a conversation about this today.

On the LaPalma we have no electronic locks and no electronic controls such as the Intellitec or Kronsberg systems. All very manual, low tech and debatebly easy to fix.
So in terms of the keys, the basement storage has a fairly common key used for this purpose on many coaches (according to the local dealership) as is the key used on the door lock, to make it easy for the dealerships to open and close the doors on the lot. When it comes to the deadbolt, it is a unique key so that the coach is secured in your absence or when you you are home with the door locked.  Having the same key for the basement doors and the deadbolt defeats the security feature, imho. On the higher end coaches with electronic locks, there is less need for the safety aspect. Personally, it is like different passwords for different websites, more is better 😎
For simplicity, I can understand why Frederic would like to use the same key for the basement door locks and the deadbolt but I would not recommend it. 
Just my opinion as it relates to the lower end coach and our safety. 

EDIT…

Fixed title.  I misread your comment.  I thought you meant that your Trimark keys were Identical and each worked the passage door lock as well as the bays.  Now, I am assuming that you DO have separate keys for each.  

The lock code was supposed to be on every lock…you meed to see  if there is a lock code for the deadbolt and order a new key.  FWIW….amy good or large locksmith can duplicate that style of Trimark.  i had a bunch made….end of edit.

Can’t ague that.  If you have 3 separate and now it appears @FLynes  has separate bay and passage…then the dead bolt is missing as long as he can identify and get keys…his call or replace the main door and salvage the bays…

• Thanks 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Main Door Trimark 030-0900 Lock Keys Questions & Help.
9 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Can’t ague that.  If you have 3 separate and he has one common with the Non Dead Bolt, and they are different years, that is strange, but not surprising.  The local plant manager or manufacturing manager had control over things like that and they may have run short…or maybe the OP wanted it that way.  2 keys 3 keys….dealer’s choice.  Monaco did all the elocks with the entrance and bays keyed alike and a stronger (household) style deadbolt.

as long as he can identify and get keys…his call or replace the main door and salvage the bays….  He needs info in the TriMark specific lock and key style….then decide.

Tom, I’m supposed to have three keys, like Martin has. Please read my above response to you.

5 minutes ago, FLynes said:

Tom, I’m supposed to have three keys, like Martin has. Please read my above response to you.

I just did and edited my post and also the title…we are on the same page once I realized that you did not mean that your two keys worked the passage as well as bays.  As in they ARE different.  Pictures are worth thousands of keystrokes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

EDIT…

Fixed title.  I misread your comment.  I thought you meant that your Trimark keys were Identical and each worked the passage door lock as well as the bays.  Now, I am assuming that you DO have separate keys for each.  

The lock code was supposed to be on every lock…you meed to see  if there is a lock code for the deadbolt and order a new key.  FWIW….amy good or large locksmith can duplicate that style of Trimark.  i had a bunch made….end of edit.

Can’t ague that.  If you have 3 separate and now it appears @FLynes  has separate bay and passage…then the dead bolt is missing as long as he can identify and get keys…his call or replace the main door and salvage the bays…

Thanks, Tom. The only code on the lock is “1P”, but it’s on the latch keyhole, not the deadbolt keyhole…here are pics.

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

11 minutes ago, FLynes said:

Thanks, Tom. The only code on the lock is “1P”, but it’s on the latch keyhole, not the deadbolt keyhole…here are pics.

IMG_2518.jpeg

IMG_2517.jpeg

Trimark or the aftemarket vendors say…Lock Code stamped.  Trimark will have to sort it out .  Plot thickens…

https://www.etrailer.com/question-553733.html

https://www.rvpartscenter.com/shop-by-categories/list1/rv-door-locks/trimark-model-030-0900-rv-entry-door-lock

Looks like you are gonna have to pull it out….or ask Trimark where the Lock Code for the Deadbolt is.  But, in any case, you need the exact PN of the 030-0900 series…..

Don’t know about the Amazon after market locks…that are $30 or so compared to the $140 for a 030-0900 series like you have.

Let us know how you resolve it.  If you google 030-0900…Trimark has a wealth of info..have at it..

• Thanks 1

Okay, I have an answer...sort of, courtesy of the winnieowners.

The Deadbolt key blank needed for the Trimark 030-0900 lock is the Trimark KS201.

The Latch key blank needed is the Trimark KS101.

I just ordered two KS201 key blanks and will have my locksmith cut them. The only thing that the lock itself has on the inside is the part number of the lock itself, there are no key codes inside. I don't yet know if the "1P" that's etched on the Latch keyhole will help the locksmith or not. If it doesn't, then he'll do what he did with our 1976 Monaco and cut them the old-fashioned way.

30 minutes ago, Martinvz said:

Frederic, Just a suggestion: Have 3rd set of keys cut that you can hide somewhere on the coach, just in case of emergency.

Martin, great idea. The next biggest challenge would be to remember where they're hidden, LOL!

2 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

Mine are accessible through the unlocked LPG/Fuel Bay door but are NOT easily visible. You have to be a contortionist in order to find them.

Richard, it's a good idea but, having been in Military Intel and having ZERO faith in humanity anymore, I like to think like a scumbag criminal, and that's probably where I'd look first.

Yes, exactly as that's the only bay door that is always unlocked. However, if they think that they are looking for hidden keys they will be disappointed. Mine are camouflaged with something that no person would know other than me. LOL

• Like 1

Richard is right and that is what we do as well but not too well camouflaged. But we only keep a basement door key there and the others are in a door hanging lockbox in another basement locker. 

Here is the official response from TriMark:

IMG_2582.jpeg

Edited by FLynes

2 hours ago, FLynes said:

Here is the official response from TriMark:

IMG_2582.jpeg

Now we know.  Thanks.  Since you, I am assuming, might have removed the handle/lock assembly, I would  cross reference and do some online searches, Amazon included.  If there is a highly rated $40 or so model compared to a $140 or so Trimark replacement….then you have options .  I would also get a quote from a locksmith….why spend 50% of the cost of a new one to get a key for one that is old.  But…that’s me…let us know what you do and the results…sounds like you have a plan now…

2 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Now we know.  Thanks.  Since you, I am assuming, might have removed the handle/lock assembly, I would  cross reference and do some online searches, Amazon included.  If there is a highly rated $40 or so model compared to a $140 or so Trimark replacement….then you have options .  I would also get a quote from a locksmith….why spend 50% of the cost of a new one to get a key for one that is old.  But…that’s me…let us know what you do and the results…sounds like you have a plan now…

Tom, there's nothing wrong with the latch/lock assembly, I just need the key made for the deadbolt. I ordered two KS201 blanks and, when they arrive, I'll have my locksmith cut them for me.

On 8/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, FLynes said:

Tom, there's nothing wrong with the latch/lock assembly, I just need the key made for the deadbolt. I ordered two KS201 blanks and, when they arrive, I'll have my locksmith cut them for me.

Assume your locksmith can do such….that’s all I know….let us know how easy and the price….will leave it at that and not speculate anymore….

I would suggest going to a locksmith and see if they can make an impression of the lock cylinder to have keys made

4 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

Per the email…a “impression” must be made. The blanks can then, be cut.  You need a key to copy or an “impression” of the tumblers, to make the “key”…bases on  their positions..  Copied the sentence below.. OK…called the largest & oldest and most trusted Locksmith in the Raleigh area.  They have changed entire building lock systems for me as a Facility Director. I called, as you might, and read the Trimark email. YES, they can make an impression.  No, they do NOT have a master set of the random keys used for Trimark locks. Takes time and can be expensive.  He would not quote a price. Said that based on wear and age and abuse, might be cheaper to buy new lock; as some of the Trimark locks, were difficult and way not as easy to get a good impression as the more standard home locks…

Assume your locksmith can do such….that’s all I know….let us know how easy and the price….will leave it at that and not speculate anymore….

I would suggest going to a locksmith and see if they can make an impression of the lock cylinder to have keys made

When my locksmith did the exact same thing for our '76 Monaco two years ago, it cost me $70 for two keys and was well worth the price.