Primary Fuel Filter

As this is my first post, I owe all of you my deepest thanks. This site single-handedly gave me the knowledge and courage to buy my first Monaco product. I am indebted to you all. 

Now for the question. My new to me 2000 Navigator 43PBD still has the Winn primary filter system and it even works!  The filter on it is a FS19592 which I believe is a 10 micron filter/separator. The motor has the traditional FS1000 10 micron filter/separator.  Does it seem right to run twin 10 micron filters?  I am thinking I should run a 30 micron primary with the FS1000, but I am not sure what filter number I should use with the Winn.  What filters are you all running?

Ni Brian and welcome on board. I can not speak specifically to your unit but with regard to dual filtration systems in general you are correct, in that there is no real advantage to both the primary and secondary filters being the same mesh size. For my coach, which has a CAT C7 engine, I believe the primary filter is 10 micron and the secondary is 2 micron. In my case the filters are two different physical sizes and even the thread and fitting sizes are different between the two filters are different to make it impossible to install the wrong filter in the wrong place. My recommendation would be to go to your owners manual and check the specs. If you do not have an owners manual you may find a copy in the the down loads section above where you can get a pdf copy. If not your exact model then perhaps a similar model with the same chassis. If all else fails try doing a search on the internet for the manufacture (model and even serial number specific can help) for your engine to find out the OEM specs, From there you can look for what is compatible. I hope that helps.

What engine do you have Brian? I would guess you don't have the same small engine I have but I would recommend anyone upgrading to a FASS setup.

I had planned on doing the upgrade to the FASS setup on my 8.3 Cummings with a CAPS injection pump engine and put it off too long and lost my injection pump. Do a little research and you will see what the FASS does and how it works. There are a lot of threads about it here and on irv2.