Dynasty Generator slide stopped drifting..

Bella, our new to us 2006 42ft Dynasty with 4 slides had the annoying habit of sticking her nose out after a few days, I was preparing to look at rebuilding the cylinder, thinking that the piston seals were leaking, but after mentioning the habit in another thread about charging, several folks chimed in to say check out the solenoids, so they got our attention 1st... decided to remove both related solenoids, only had channel locks at this time, but Steve M had told me about the HWH special removal tools, I knew there had to be an easier way LOL, the front was up on 6in ramps, so had access from beneath as well, good for the lower / rear valve.  With them out in the daylight I could see nothing that would be causing a problem, the seals O rings all looked fine. I was on the phone with HWH arranging payment and shipping for a new valve, seals and their tools, asked them about removing the actual needle valve assy from the solenoid end, incase there was...they said "don't do that", not sure why, does anyone know?  couldn't blow through the little hole in the end.. used vaseline to lube and put them back in, that seems to have done the trick, it would have been to have found an actual problem to fix, but we are very happy that the nasty habit is no more, thanks to all for your support, we now have "more" spare parts..

Trevor and Laura 

Owen Sound, ON

2006 Dynasty

First, to gain easy access to those valves, remove the plastic bin under the first entry step.  That step lifts up.

Yes, I have cleaned out debris from that valve pintle seat.  BUT, That end cap must be adjusted just right.  Screwed on too tight and the valve won't open, too loose and the valve wont seat.  Take pictures, and reinstall the bottom seat assembly in exactly the same position as where it was removed.

Thanks again for the hand holding Frank, now that I have a spare valve and seals that is good to know, learning so much.. the front valve came loose and out from under the step, but not good access to unplug and loosen the rear / lower one, I had made those ramps so hade to test them out...

Leaving tomoorow morning for a 2 week trip, our toad is ready, still have a propane and electric question, which I will post seperately ..

Trevor and Laura