Help needed

Many thanks for the lead unfortunately this hinge is different my hinge is 9 leaf heavier duty ! I have actually used this company before and had parts shipped to me.According to monaco this hinge is obsolete so it may mean using a used one.No breakers yards in the UK I have emailed a few in the States with the pictures but no response as yet !

• Like 1

As we speak I have been looking to see if I could get replacement bushes due to the wear and tear of the originals remove the hinge strip and re bush it.If any body out there has carried out this repair I’d be interested to know which bushes to use !

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis
10 minutes ago, Chris Roy said:

As we speak I have been looking to see if I could get replacement bushes due to the wear and tear of the originals remove the hinge strip and re bush it.If any body out there has carried out this repair I’d be interested to know which bushes to use !

There's probably not enough metal to drill & install bushings, so I would look into drilling slightly larger and installing a properly sized new pin or rod.

20 minutes ago, Chris Roy said:

I also have the 9 leaf in my 09 Knight. But have never of them going bad. But this may give u a broader range in looking for the hinge since my 09 has them too.

• Like 1

I had the same issue, I needed to replace my door hinge due to it being bent (sprung) from the door flying open after the top arm failed during the previous owners tenure . Below is the manufacture of your hinge based on the pictures you posted
Hingecraft # 08409367
7" X 6" X .090" with .250 pin (304 SS) out of production for 8 years
Monaco # 10112335

I did extensive research and found the manufacturer but unfortunately they do no manufacture our hinge any longer. I purchased one from a salvage yard at a very very high price. (Hingecraft told me the hinge sold for around $15 each, I paid $150)

I did take my bent hinge apart and straightened it and installed a new pin (pin is welded in) so I now have a spare.

• Like 1

Many thanks would it be possibly to send me a picture ? Is it for sale ? I’m in the UK would this create a problem for shipping ? When replacing the pin and taking out the wear on the leafs does it still align to the original mounting screw holes ? Many thanks again ! 

I want to keep my repaired hinge as a spare "just in case" so it is not for sale. I used an arbor press and slowly pressed the hinge panels after I removed the pin until they were flat and the pin loops were lined up and straight. I then installed a new pin and welded the ends back in just as it was originally manufactured.

I see your biggest challenge will be supporting the door while you have the hinge off for repair.

I worked in a manufacturing business so I did have a wide array of tools, metal and skilled craftsman at my disposal but this could be done in your home workshop if you have a welder and an arbor press. My hinge is manufactured from 300 series stainless steel.

Hope this helps

Custom Hinges Indiana Chicago Illinois Inhttp://www.hingecraft.com/images/3leaf%20plain.jpgdianapolis Toledo Ohio Kalamazoo Michigan Custom Stainless Continuous Aluminum Coldroll Slip Brass Nickle (hingecraft.com)

3leaf plain.jpg

• Like 1