BlueFire with Fire Tablet?

deputylynch

Is anybody using a BlueFire adapter with a Fire Tablet?
I don't understand why the app can't be integrated to use on a Fire Tablet with an external GPS adapter?
I use numerous other applications, including Avare to fly a plane with, that will allow me to use an external GPS unit without any problems; so this app ought to be easily able to do the same?
If the interface will allow the tablet to see a GPS signal I don't understand why their application can't pick it up also?

Edited by deputylynch
Typo

BlurFire has nothing to do with GPS (assuming you mean Global Positioning System).  The BlurFire app was not written (the software code) to interface with the Amazon Fire Operating System (OS).  This is not to easy that it can not be done (code written), but the inventor didn't do so.  He apparently chose the big two OS to interface his hardware. 

- Rick N 

It should be a simple fix. The Amazon devices absolutely can use an external GPS unit perfectly fine to navigate and track since I can use it without any problem on Waze, Google Maps and my airplane navigation programs. I would think he would open up a whole another market since there are a lot of people that have Amazon tablets, and even if they don't, one can be bought for a lot less than an Apple iPad. 

22 minutes ago, deputylynch said:

It should be a simple fix. The Amazon devices absolutely can use an external GPS unit perfectly fine to navigate and track since I can use it without any problem on Waze, Google Maps and my airplane navigation programs. I would think he would open up a whole another market since there are a lot of people that have Amazon tablets, and even if they don't, one can be bought for a lot less than an Apple iPad. 

What does GPS have to do with BlueFire???

1 hour ago, deputylynch said:

Do you use BlueFire?

I'm pretty sure it allows tracking to save trips, also to coordinate speed and distance traveled. It may do a few other things also but I don't know since I can't use the feature? 

Yes, I do use BlueFire.  I don't think it allows for tracking.  It gets its speed and distance from the engine ECU.  If the data isn't on the ECU or the transmission TCU, it is not displayed by BlueFire.   This is not to say that you couldn't have an independent application also running on the tablet/laptop with GPS data (requires a GPS).  That secondary application may be able to import data from the BlueFire for use within that application, but that would all be independent of the BlueFire Application.  

-rick

6 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

Yes, I do use BlueFire.  I don't think it allows for tracking.  It gets its speed and distance from the engine ECU.  If the data isn't on the ECU or the transmission TCU, it is not displayed by BlueFire.   This is not to say that you couldn't have an independent application also running on the tablet/laptop with GPS data (requires a GPS).  That secondary application may be able to import data from the BlueFire for use within that application, but that would all be independent of the BlueFire Application.  

-rick

So you don't use or are not aware of the features in the attached picture? 

Screenshot_20230926-140017.png

I think I misread your original post, and I apologize.  

Originally,  BlueFire was not written to supplier Fire OS.  I thought you were using an example of an external GPS working on Fire to suggest that BlueFire could work also.  After checking the BlueFire website, I found that indeed BlueFire does have an App that will work on Fire OS 6 and higher, but you have to side-load it or be able to download from the Google Play Store.  This is a change from the "BlueFire for Motorhomes" to the "BlueFire Apps".  I'm guessing you already knew this. 

So, I think your question has to do with adding an external GPS "puck" to your Fire tablet in addition running BlueFire.  I don't know the answer.  But,  in the past, BlueFire support was good, and they might be able to tell you.  I suspect that it would be difficult to connect both simultaneously via Bluetooth,  but in the old days, I ran a GPS "puck" via USB.  I don't know if you have that capability.  

- Rick N 

26 minutes ago, waterskier_1 said:

I think I misread your original post, and I apologize.  

Originally,  BlueFire was not written to supplier Fire OS.  I thought you were using an example of an external GPS working on Fire to suggest that BlueFire could work also.  After checking the BlueFire website, I found that indeed BlueFire does have an App that will work on Fire OS 6 and higher, but you have to side-load it or be able to download from the Google Play Store.  This is a change from the "BlueFire for Motorhomes" to the "BlueFire Apps".  I'm guessing you already knew this. 

So, I think your question has to do with adding an external GPS "puck" to your Fire tablet in addition running BlueFire.  I don't know the answer.  But,  in the past, BlueFire support was good, and they might be able to tell you.  I suspect that it would be difficult to connect both simultaneously via Bluetooth,  but in the old days, I ran a GPS "puck" via USB.  I don't know if you have that capability.  

- Rick N 

I already checked, they can both be ran simultaneously without a problem but the BlueFire app will not pull over the information from the GPS unit. 

1 hour ago, waterskier_1 said:

Have you contacted BlueFire?   They have been supportive to me, but thru a forum at that time, no over the phone. 

I've posted on their forum plus sent a PM to I believe the owner but haven't got a response so I'm hoping one of the many people out there in the web world can figure out an answer to the problem. 

Edited by deputylynch
Spelling