Basement storage door supports

Go to solution Solved by diplomat don,

I have storage doors that the gas powered support struts are wore out and need replacement. I found some at NAPA that were the correct length but after installing them door will not stay up when opened. It appears they come in different weight lifting specs and I need stronger ones. Does anyone know the specs and/or part numbers needed?

Need to replace some as well, so following. I haven’t looked at mine yet to see if there is any writing or part numbers on them.

Side note, what does a BorderDoodle look like? Is this a new breed or an “accident” 

We have a Borderhussy, (husky) 

• Solution

There should be a pound rating written on the side of the cylinder. They start around 10 pounds and go up. I have replaced a few and it will depend on the size or the door and weight as well as the style of door. The Navigator will likely have different doors than the Diplomat. Lots of places online to purchase. Good luck.

24 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Need to replace some as well, so following. I haven’t looked at mine yet to see if there is any writing or part numbers on them.

Side note, what does a BorderDoodle look like? Is this a new breed or an “accident” 

We have a Borderhussy, (husky) 

Bordoodle is a Border Collie Poodle cross. Not sure if a breed or accident. In the PNW there are a few breeders of them. Very smart, love people and other dogs, don't shed and great travelers.

Sophie1.jpg

20 minutes ago, diplomat don said:

There should be a pound rating written on the side of the cylinder. They start around 10 pounds and go up. I have replaced a few and it will depend on the size or the door and weight as well as the style of door. The Navigator will likely have different doors than the Diplomat. Lots of places online to purchase. Good luck.

I removed one shock from the largest doors and found "Signature  SE200P120", searched online and found https://www.liftsupportsdepot.com/lift-supports-depot-se200p120-gas-charged-lift-support/  Ordered 4 of them for the two large doors that are very hard to lift open. Thanks for the "heads up".

18 minutes ago, Joint Venture said:

Bordoodle is a Border Collie Poodle cross. Not sure if a breed or accident. In the PNW there are a few breeders of them. Very smart, love people and other dogs, don't shed and great travelers.

Sophie1.jpg

Awesome, beautiful pup. trust me, very familiar with all “doodles” this is one I haven’t heard of. 

Labra

Golden

Berna

Sheepa

Cava

and the list goes on

Now back to the thread.