Front Air Tank Gauge Works Sporadically

Garrett

My front air tank gauge has worked sporadically since I bought coach. The guy I bought it from had a secondary gauge installed that does work, My fear is that I have no buzzers or warnings if the tank runs low, also no light on gauge. Would like to get it back to working properly. Not really sure what "properly" is. Any ideas on getting it to work and what warnings are supposed to happen when it is working properly. 

2 hours ago, Garrett said:

My front air tank gauge has worked sporadically since I bought coach. The guy I bought it from had a secondary gauge installed that does work, My fear is that I have no buzzers or warnings if the tank runs low, also no light on gauge. Would like to get it back to working properly. Not really sure what "properly" is. Any ideas on getting it to work and what warnings are supposed to happen when it is working properly. 

Go a search using air gauge or ACTI (one vendor).  There have been at least 4 different topics on this with a lot of information.  Use those words or combinations in the search box and then click on the everywhere and choose Topics.  ACTI (memory) was used in the 2006 Dynasty.  Can’t recall about the 2007.  2008 had the Medallion.

The ACTI issue is that the pressure gauge transducers were hard soldered to a main or the ACTI Motherboard.  The main cluster has airlines to the transducer.  Once it fails, there is not replacement.  ACTI discontinued all repairs circa 2018.  Since it was such a specialized system, none of the “gauge repair shops” tooled up or figured out how to replace a transducer.  

I put out a topic on the issues in 2006 for a friend.  We ended up abandoning the air pressure gauges.  We installed a buzzer and low air switches.  BUT…since the alarm signal comes from the main motherboard, there was no way or at least no one knew how to turn off the transducer “LOW AIR” signals.  Thus a tech, prior to his purchase, had silenced the alarm.  Therefore, he has NO AUDIBLE alarm for anything.  So if your air lines arr installed to devices (transducers) on the main gauge cluster…you probably have the ACTI.  My friend had the board number and all the info,  ACTI no longer had replacements….and he never found a used one.

If the rear is OK, I’d call ACTI (assuming you have that brand) and ask which plugs to reverse so you can test the gauge.  It gets its inlut from the main or motherboard.  If it is in the remote gauge, then you can probably find a used one.  My friend’s gauges “woke up” when the key was ON, did a complete sweep, then the rear read properly….but the signal from the defective front transducer would not work the front.

FIRST.  Do some looking and reading labels or use your phone and find out the brand….then go from there.