windshield/body cracked !!!!!!

I had posted this elsewhere but advised to start over.

I had mentioned once before I had an issue with the woodwork surrounding the toilet.   I live along a dirt rough road.  Going on a trip a week ago I moved at a snails pace down a hill but something wasn't right as the windshield cracked in the lower right corner to the top.   

Please see pics.  Since then I noticed a shift in the 'line' of the coach on a panel which does not open.  Pic 1/2 shows it slightly protruding [rear]. I tried to push it in but no human force moved it.  However the other end of the panel is quite loose and can be moved in and out maybe 1/4 ". 

Pic 3 shows some kind of packing/filler in the gap on the left hand side of the panel.  In the past I had no reason to look in this gap.  Now I see a split in the 'filler' top to bottom .   At this point in time I have no way of knowing if the split was there before or as a result of the torque which broke the windshield ......... as an aside must admit I am not a fan of the tri jack assemble........... anyway, I walked through the coach inside today and checked the toilet.  The door which had been 'perfect' once the shifting of the surround was fixed is now tight at the top.  Am I looking at serious body/chassis damage or is this the result of a twist which then 'righted itself?   

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

While having the front end looked at I went in the pit with the tech and looked at the panel which had moved.

Quite the revelation, there were hinges at the top of it [not readily seen from a straight on view] and brackets at the bottom to keep it closed [which had come loose]. Nothing to see underneath so I will presume for now there is a tank in there and perhaps the way into the tank for repairs is via this panel.  Remove the brackets and lift up.   Noting in print to suggest such. ;-))).  One learns.......... I'll know in a few days when I get under the beast.

45 minutes ago, Les Hurdle said:

While having the front end looked at I went in the pit with the tech and looked at the panel which had moved.

Quite the revelation, there were hinges at the top of it [not readily seen from a straight on view] and brackets at the bottom to keep it closed [which had come loose]. Nothing to see underneath so I will presume for now there is a tank in there and perhaps the way into the tank for repairs is via this panel.  Remove the brackets and lift up.   Noting in print to suggest such. ;-))).  One learns.......... I'll know in a few days when I get under the beast.

Hinges are likely to give you access to shocks and air springs.

• Like 1