Lift points

Go to solution Solved by Venturer,

Well I have always been over kill on things especially things like may crush me...it's actually schedule 40 square tubing. I didn't use 5/16"..

7 hours ago, MHRookie said:

Moderator,

I was able to open the files above and attach as .jpeg.  If that’s not allowed please remove.  Since the OP of the pictures attached them here, I assumed that is consent to share.

IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

Thank You

On 12/31/2023 at 10:00 PM, Michael Powell said:

Ok got pictures of 2x2" tubing here are the pictures of what I use...The only modification I would do is use the wide u bracket on both sides put one at each air bag and let the air out of the air bags...

If you have any questions inbox me..

Michael and Terry Powell

mpowell@powellwatson.com

20231216_151006.heic 644.93 kB · 17 downloads 20231216_151001.heic 521.68 kB · 11 downloads 20231216_150951.heic 822.95 kB · 9 downloads 20231216_150845.heic 483.99 kB · 8 downloads

• Like 1

I like the square tubing idea. As mentioned, this would work for air bag replacement. In looking at the Roadmaster chassis, I’m curious how people have been placing jack stands specifically to tackle trailer arm bushings. This seams a bit tricky. I’m assuming the square tubing will not work for this as the vehicle weight would have to be off of the suspension / H frame. Thoughts? As always, thanks for all the insight and knowledge of everyone here.

On 1/2/2024 at 10:30 AM, MHRookie said:

Moderator,

I was able to open the files above and attach as .jpeg.  If that’s not allowed please remove.  Since the OP of the pictures attached them here, I assumed that is consent to share.

IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

I had the same problem with opening the .helc file. Many thanks for converting for us!

On 11/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, Michael Powell said:

I made 8ea 2x2 square tubes with saddle on each end and put them next to each air bag then lower the coach on them... When I get back to the toy barn I will take pictures of them with measurements. Seam to work great...

Michael - reading your response, you state you made 8ea.  So do you use 1 per airbag? I have 10 airbags, so want to ensure I make the proper amount? Thanks! Bart from VA 

Yes the last 2 of your 8 air bags are the tag axle so I feel if you can raise your tag axle and drive it around a corner them stationary you don't need to block it...

This is only my opinion I may be wrong...