Lift points

Go to solution Solved by Venturer,

Guest Ray Davis

Some guys want to put a jack in the center of the axle & lift both sides with one jack,  don't let them do that,  it can bend an axle.  Even the front axle.

27 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Some guys want to put a jack in the center of the axle & lift both sides with one jack,  don't let them do that,  it can bend an axle.  Even the front axle.

X2 on this, unstable and the coach could tilt.

When I had my tires changed they used two bottle jacks, one under each side. 

• Like 1

My coach has jacks instead of air leveling.
For long term storage, I raise it on the jacks, and place properly rated jack stands under the chassis, then retract the jacks to protect the rams from corrosion.
This keeps weight off the airbags and tires, and to lift a tire only requires a regular floor jack under the axle.

Look for points on the chassis that the suspension ties into, and that have vertical members running up to the main rails for strength.

2 hours ago, MHRookie said:

You don’t need to support between the chassis & house frame to change tires.  As mentioned, the use of 2 jacks is most important to lift coach equally on both sides under the axle.

I realize that, which is what I would do. However, I like to use a safety backup for the "just in case" event a jack would fail. I don't want the body coming down on myself or a service man. Maybe it's not needed, but it only takes one time to ruin one's day, or worse.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Venturer said:

I was only referring to the event you don't need to go under the coach to change tires.  When I get under the coach, I drive it up on "DIY" ramps or I would really prefer the square tube method that Michael will be providing us when he gets pictures posted.

I have two one foot sections of PT 4x4 which I place between the rails and the frame body after it has been raised up on the air bags. I release the air from the bags which secures the 4x4 in place. That allows me to easily crawl under the coach and work on various locations.

• Like 2

• Solution
55 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I have two one foot sections of PT 4x4 which I place between the rails and the frame body after it has been raised up on the air bags. I release the air from the bags which secures the 4x4 in place. That allows me to easily crawl under the coach and work on various locations.

That is what I need. So 12" is the correct length?

Edited by Venturer

• 4 weeks later...

i need a picture of thesept4x4 tools

On 11/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, Michael Powell said:

I made 8ea 2x2 square tubes with saddle on each end and put them next to each air bag then lower the coach on them... When I get back to the toy barn I will take pictures of them with measurements. Seam to work great...

send me the pictures to brownjrpaulj@yahoo.com. thanks

Ok got pictures of 2x2" tubing here are the pictures of what I use...The only modification I would do is use the wide u bracket on both sides put one at each air bag and let the air out of the air bags...

3 minutes ago, Michael Powell said:

Ok got pictures of 2x2" tubing here are the pictures of what I use...The only modification I would do is use the wide u bracket on both sides put one at each air bag and let the air out of the air bags...

If you have any questions inbox me..

Michael and Terry Powell

mpowell@powellwatson.com

20231216_151006.heic 20231216_151001.heic 20231216_150951.heic 20231216_150845.heic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can you send these pictures to: brownjrpaulj@yahoo.com ? thanks

On 11/29/2023 at 11:09 AM, Michael Powell said:

I made 8ea 2x2 square tubes with saddle on each end and put them next to each air bag then lower the coach on them... When I get back to the toy barn I will take pictures of them with measurements. Seam to work great...

please send the pictures to my email: brownjrpaulj@yahoo.com,  thanks

4 inch square tube 5/16 wall 11 inches tall.

Two points having had mine for 15 years now.

A)I know and saw 4x wood split...not mine

B) A friend made his 12...with just a little uneven ground one side got stuck.  Hyd jack in there to get a little lift...not fun.

C) This info for tag axle RR10 chassis only.

D) They fit neatly laid down next to the 150 gallon fuel tank so you can have fun on the road occasionally too!

Happy New Year

17 hours ago, Michael Powell said:

If you have any questions inbox me..

Michael and Terry Powell

mpowell@powellwatson.com

20231216_151006.heic 644.93 kB · 28 downloads 20231216_151001.heic 521.68 kB · 13 downloads 20231216_150951.heic 822.95 kB · 11 downloads 20231216_150845.heic 483.99 kB · 11 downloads

I can not open these downloads, Please send the pictures to my email: brownjrpaulj@ yahoo.com or message me at 321-443-6168, Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paul Brown Jr said:

can you send these pictures to: brownjrpaulj@yahoo.com ? thanks

please send the pictures to my email: brownjrpaulj@yahoo.com,  thanks

I emailed you 2 of the 4 titled “Monaco braces”.  Since he said he’d make both ends 3”, you don’t need the other 2 pictures.

Good Morning,

I am also unable to open those pictures and would really appreciate having them as jpegs, email is qcktvr2@gmail.com

Many thanks

Trevor Topley 

• Like 1

Moderator,

I was able to open the files above and attach as .jpeg.  If that’s not allowed please remove.  Since the OP of the pictures attached them here, I assumed that is consent to share.

IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

• Like 2