Instrument Gauge Glass Is Cloudy

Hello Group!  I am the new owner of a 2006 HR Scepter and am going through the "Bring her back to 100%" process.  One thing I noticed after replacing the headlight switch to get the instrument lights to work was that the glass on the gauges is cloudy.  it just looks like a dirty window in your house that needs to be cleaned, and I'm sure thats all that needs to be done here too...but has anybody taken the gauges out of the dash to try to separate the glass from the gauge to clean the back side of the glass.  I ask the question as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem, i'm just wondering if I pull the gauge out if I can get it apart to clean the back side of the glass?  I can live with it "As-Is" but I'd rather not.  Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't know which brand of gauges you have in the HR.  I have Beede gauges in my '06 Monaco built Beaver.  The glass cover over each Beede gauge is crimped onto the plastic housing.  They can be removed, but it is a tedious and difficult process to uncrimp the metal ring without damaging the plastic housing.  I personally would not attempt it just to clean the glass.  I have done a couple of mine but only to repair the gauge.  Good luck.

Richard