Two-Romex Front TV Receptacle - where does Romex go?

I've tried looking at wiring diagrams and cannot figure this out.  I've tried Monacoers searches, but come up empty.  Here is how my 2009 is wired:

image.png.eeefbe731503074c9dd72e53a7f7cbf4.png

The front TV as a double-outlet receptacle.  But that receptacle has 2 Romex wires.  One is switched power and comes from the AV cabinet, as shown.  I cannot figure out what the other Romex is for - it has to be a power feed to somewhere for something.  Part of what is perplexing is that it is switched power.  It is not any of the 3 floor-level outlets in the front seat area.

Anyone with an idea?

- Jeff

15 minutes ago, DBRV.0 said:

I've tried looking at wiring diagrams and cannot figure this out.  I've tried Monacoers searches, but come up empty.  Here is how my 2009 is wired:

image.png.eeefbe731503074c9dd72e53a7f7cbf4.png

The front TV as a double-outlet receptacle.  But that receptacle has 2 Romex wires.  One is switched power and comes from the AV cabinet, as shown.  I cannot figure out what the other Romex is for - it has to be a power feed to somewhere for something.  Part of what is perplexing is that it is switched power.  It is not any of the 3 floor-level outlets in the front seat area.

Anyone with an idea?

- Jeff

I'll throw this out for thought.

A couple years ago, over on IRV2, we figured out on a older windsor that the front TV receptacle was a junction box.  There was a home run from the CB panel to the front TV, and from there,  it fed several outlets in the kitchen slide.  Try doing some testing with that in mind.   

3 minutes ago, windsorbill06 said:

There was a home run from the CB panel to the front TV, and from there,  it fed several outlets in the kitchen slide. 

Yes, what I tried to describe for that the front TV receptacle is a junction box.  There is no power going to the out-going Romex, for it has been dangling in the open air for a while now.  Good thought, but in response to your suggestion, I have found NO unpowered receptacles anywhere.

Nothing in the Bays would be switched power, would they?  If a portable freezer or such is plugged into one, an undesired problem would be created.

Could it be used as a signal wire for the inverter, instead of using a 12V control wire?

I'm not understanding what your "CB" means - I'm confident you are not referencing my built-in Citizens Band radio.

- Jeff

5 minutes ago, DBRV.0 said:

I'm not understanding what your "CB" means

I think I got it - CB = Circuit Breaker panel.  No, see my diagram - the CB panel feeds the AV cabinet, which then feeds the TV receptacle.  The kitchen is fed by a separate CB circuit.

Sent you an offline PM.  Here is the layout for the OUTLETS.  I THINK, as I suspected, that the "what is this Romex or Outlet" is for the Sat Controller.

I think this is the same circuit that you drew up.  This shows the routing of the outlets all the way back to the Sub Panel.

This print was relatively CLOSE to the beginning of the PDF file...

As I stated in the PM, had you gone to the 2008 Drawings....there is a 4 Page PDF or index of the drawings.  In the first section, there is a 110 VAC section.  The Fourth (4th) Drawing lists the same information....and the PRINT, as suspected, was the same..

I have included the Dynasty (and up) Print index for the 2008 Deck (not the CCM), but the bulk of the 110 and such is the same.  So, you can use the 2008 to narrow down a subject by using the INDEX and then find the Drawing Number...and then Cross reference with your 2009 CCM.

Hope this help explain it and also how to better utilize the files.  The Dynasty Prints are a little more complex...but if you start to understand how to search and also how to use the valuable 4 page PDF Index...it starts to get easier and simpler.

38010098 - 2008_9 Dynasty & Above 120 VAC Diagram - Receptacles and Sub Panel.pdf - Dynasty Print Index.pdf

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Tom.

Yes, I did download some 150 files for a 2009 Knight.  It's like drinking from a fire hose, so I apologize that I haven't looked at but a few.  From the titles of the files, I tried to find files that had words like "front TV", or "TV" or "recept".  I know, I know, that's not the way they are labeled.  And it must be natural for you, but even the acronyms in the diagrams can be like another language that I am learning.  But I'm willing to try.

One of the resources I acquired with my Dynasty is a set of printed wiring schematics from a 2007 unit.  I find the wiring documentation a bit daunting because rarely is a drawing specific with a physical location.  Again, I'm trying to learn.

The sheet you included of a receptacle diagram is interesting.  It's not exactly the way my coach is wired, but it gives some good concepts.  What I mean is that my hand-drawn diagram is exactly the way my coach is wired.  The wires leaving the AV box split off as I have drawn, whereas the official diagram indicates that everything on the circuit is on a single string, plus only the TV can be locked out.  Another inaccurate example is the "Bed TV" which is not a predecessor outlet to the other outlets shown to the right of it.

For me, the golden nugget of information in the receptacle diagram, and what you initially suggested, was "Sat Controller".  Yes, I can imagine that it could provide power to the DirecTV dish on the roof, which would be locked out in addition to the TV because the TV receptacle IS the junction box to that Controller.

- Jeff

Edited by DBRV.0

9 hours ago, DBRV.0 said:

Thank you, Tom.

Yes, I did download some 150 files for a 2009 Knight.  It's like drinking from a fire hose, so I apologize that I haven't looked at but a few.  From the titles of the files, I tried to find files that had words like "front TV", or "TV" or "recept".  I know, I know, that's not the way they are labeled.  And it must be natural for you, but even the acronyms in the diagrams can be like another language that I am learning.  But I'm willing to try.

One of the resources I acquired with my Dynasty is a set of printed wiring schematics from a 2007 unit.  I find the wiring documentation a bit daunting because rarely is a drawing specific with a physical location.  Again, I'm trying to learn.

The sheet you included of a receptacle diagram is interesting.  It's not exactly the way my coach is wired, but it gives some good concepts.  What I mean is that my hand-drawn diagram is exactly the way my coach is wired.  The wires leaving the AV box split off as I have drawn, whereas the official diagram indicates that everything on the circuit is on a single string, plus only the TV can be locked out.  Another inaccurate example is the "Bed TV" which is not a predecessor outlet to the other outlets shown to the right of it.

For me, the golden nugget of information in the receptacle diagram, and what you initially suggested, was "Sat Controller".  Yes, I can imagine that it could provide power to the DirecTV dish on the roof, which would be locked out in addition to the TV because the TV receptacle IS the junction box to that Controller.

- Jeff

Your COACH type is a Dynasty.  Don't understand the KNIGHT reference in the first sentence.

Here is the CORRECT set of diagrams for your 2009 Dynasty CCM model

Here is the NON CCM drawings for a 2008....which will be IDENTICAL to your MH, save the fact that you have the CCM Chassis system.  90% of the information that you will readily use is in these files.  There is virtually NO DIFFERENCE between the drawings...but the NON CCM has the 4 Page PDF that breaks down the prints and allows you to see the TITLES or is an INDEX....  READ ON AFTER YOU SEE THIS ONE...

There were some SUBTLE changes between the 2007 prints and I would sort of "discard" the 2007 and learn to use the INDEX. It will serve you better.

NOW...as to whether your 2009 is wired precisely as you laid it out and is different from the Print. The print for the 110 VAC is how the MH should have left the factory. Obviously, sometimes assemblers miss or change.  BUT, MOST HERE have to use the SUPPOSED AS BUILT drawing...  If you do have a different configuration, then red line the print and send it to @Frank McElroy Frank is one of our EXPERTS in electronics and circuits. He, BTW, has a 2008 Dynasty and often "verifies" the prints and helps people.  I can tell you from working on DC circuits in automotive and then troubleshooting Ladder Control circuits after graduation, in 1968, that there is a myriad of ways to draw up a circuit...

In Monaco's case, from say circa 2000 to the transition to REV, there were many different engineers involved and some were self taught and others had some "schooling".  The print system for each model MAY or MAY NOT be the same. There was NO STANDARDIZATION as to HOW the electrical prints were "formatted".  YES, a lot of the basics were the same, but as Monaco advanced to backbone harnesses and such, many of the engineers used the "FIND THE PIN IN THE HARNESS" approach and did NOT have, to me, a clear, print.  

My Camelot is more of a conventional system, like you find in Automotive.  The Dynasty, due to the complexity and the models is a bit unique...

That's it..  Good Luck.

Posted (edited)

Thank you, Tom!

I will download the Dynasty files soon.  I really appreciate your help.  I selected the Knight set because (1) it was the same year as mine so thought they might be close, (2) I haven't looked into the Monacoers library to see what is there.  I will utilize your link.

I will review the Dynasty information to see if I can detect any variances.  I do understand the complexity of a working environment where a team in the field/shop may have their process, including on-the-fly process changes, versus the office guy handling documentation who may either not be aware of variances, or may have higher priorities than to edit something to reflect as-built, or may not feel the necessity to make small changes.

As for my time delay, I'm flying out to take some time to celebrate a son-in-law's 31 year retirement as a helicopter pilot.  He started with the Army flying helicopters, then onto Coast Guard.  He's now a base commander and should be flying into the ceremony on his final flight.

- Jeff

Edited by DBRV.0