TRW Steering gearbox swap

I just want to give a shout out to Weller truck parts and to post the contact who is currently handling the Shepard to TRW gear box swap. Weller was awesome to deal with, I first emailed John Vanlaan who said he no longer handles the swap info but set me up with Nick Vangeest (Nick Vangeest nvangeest@wellertruck.com ) it was plug and play after that. Nick even offered to send one of their trucks to pickup the core. If you are contemplating the swap Weller is a great place to assist you in this endeavor. I am including a copy of Johns 1st email with Nicks name.

Good Morning Jim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. You have come to the right place. I am no longer in the Steering Department, however, I am still with the company and happy to point you in the right direction. We have sold many of the TRW replacement gears. They are not quite a bolt on and go replacement, however, a lot of RV owners have made the swap and are extremely happy with the change. The TRW gear you will need is the TAS65 052 and the NEW Pitman arm that will be needed for the swap too is 84242502. I have included some instructions from the forum (These instructions are older and we have sense updated which TRW gears and Arm works best but they are the same concept and should help you or your mechanic doing the swap). I have also included the Steering Department and counter sales Nick Vangeest who can better help you with questions, pricing, and shipping.

Hope this is what you are looking for and can help make your Monaco Coach more enjoyable for you.

John

• Like 3