Sometimes I forget I live in Canada where many items are unavailable. The Kwikset latch is not available on Amazon. Home depot did not have the bushings. Nor did 2 electronic parts online stores have anything. But Amazon USA is shipping me the Kwikset part. When I am in Tucson I can usually find all the goodies or get them in1 day from Amazon.

Posted (edited)

The latch from Amazon that was posted will not work. I ordered one from that link. It came complete with the a rectangular latch bolt

Totally different. Locksmith says the Monaco latch is  shlagge. My latch is intact but a little loose. If I can fab some sort of bushing for the door everything will work. I have a bunch of plastic barb fittings   that I can sacrifice. I am also going to make some holes in the screen door clear plastic. If the lock fails I would be able to open up the door panel.

Edited by birdshill123

The bolt that was posted was Kwikset the one in my rv is Kwikset with a KW1 keyway as well, did Monaco use Schlage probably they used every manufacturer in the world at times it seems. Can you use Schlage sure or literally any bolt made preferably in a drive in configuration. Many bolts are hollow and that would be difficult to modify but a solid bolt that can be had from numerous manufacturers can be used. You can also change the keyway to SC1, WR2, KW1, Medeco etc at least in the one in my rv as the housing allows for the KIK cylinder to be changed with either a 5pin or 6pin It’s all doable. Also keep in mind that both Schlage and Kwikset make many different series of locks so just because the name is the same doesn't mean that they are the same design, type, or grade.

Just a thought, I bet a locksmith shop that sells parts could fix you up and it would probably be better quality than those made by the CCP

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2024 at 4:20 AM, birdshill123 said:

I am not a locksmith.  Here is what Amazon sent me. 

20240518_061601.jpg

That would definitely not be a replacement for my deadbolt.  I looked at the one from China and since 9/10 of everything is coming from China these days frankly didn't look too bad

I think I will eat crow regarding the Chinese locket. YUK! Weiser ( Canadian )is the same as Kwikset. I tried a Weiser key in the pos Monaco lockset and it is the same. But there are many different types of latches. I could not find one that could easily be modified to accept the round bolt. I still have not found that plastic mp7510 door bushing. Lots in the USA. I can crazy glue the old one until I am in the USA. To add a little strength to the area where the long bolt attaches to the latch I used some shrink tubing. Should help.I noticed that the hole in the frame on the MH is fairly large. But would everything line up if you were off level? Older motorhomes have that lock with 2 pins that keep everything in line. I also have seen Damon owners looking for the same lock with the same part #'s.Is Damon part of Thor? 

Edited by birdshill123