Front AC stopped working

The front AC, electric water heater and kitchen island AC outlets, all stopped working this morning on our 2009 Monaco Knight 38PKQ.  Indicator lights work on AC unit and furnace works from remote (through AC unit).but no power from power outlets on island.  Any ideas?  Breakers are all good. Have 50amp input and line quality is good. 

thanks 

Laurice 

Not sure how your coach is wired.  In mine the power comes into the service panel, there is a double pole breaker that provides power to each side of the panel.  The breakers are evenly split on either side which provide power to each of the circuits.  Each AC unit is on either side to distribute the power evenly.  Water heater also has it's own breaker.  and there is a Inverter 1 & 2 feeds on either side. 

From what you describe it sounds like 1/2 of your panel may not be powered.

Try flipping the main breaker on/off.  Check voltages on either side of the panel to make sure you have power on either side. 

17 hours ago, laurice@email.com said:

The front AC, electric water heater and kitchen island AC outlets, all stopped working this morning on our 2009 Monaco Knight 38PKQ.  Indicator lights work on AC unit and furnace works from remote (through AC unit).but no power from power outlets on island.  Any ideas?  Breakers are all good. Have 50amp input and line quality is good. 

thanks 

Laurice 

One leg of the 50 amp power from the pedestal could be missing. It could be in the pedestal, the power cord, the transfer switch or the main AC distribution panel. Try the generator to see if things work when the generator is on. If they do then the problem is either in the transfer switch, power cord, or the pedestal. 

Edited by Bob Nodine

21 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Not sure how your coach is wired.  In mine the power comes into the service panel, there is a double pole breaker that provides power to each side of the panel.  The breakers are evenly split on either side which provide power to each of the circuits.  Each AC unit is on either side to distribute the power evenly.  Water heater also has it's own breaker.  and there is a Inverter 1 & 2 feeds on either side. 

From what you describe it sounds like 1/2 of your panel may not be powered.

Try flipping the main breaker on/off.  Check voltages on either side of the panel to make sure you have power on either side. 

Thanks 

interesting thing. I have my surge guard plugged into the pedestal and this shows both legs are fine.  Will  try and pull the cover off the distribution panel today and measure as you suggested.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

7 hours ago, Bob Nodine said:

One leg of the 50 amp power from the pedestal could be missing. It could be in the pedestal, the power cord, the transfer switch or the main AC distribution panel. Try the generator to see if things work when the generator is on. If they do then the problem is either in the transfer switch, power cord, or the pedestal. 

Starting to look like it could be the transfer switch.  All is good in the generator.  Thanks. 

Guest Tim503

I would think island plugs would be inverter powered. Is the AC and water heater on the same circuit? The panels should be breaker number then A / B for which circuit, red or black. Does "all good on generator" mean all items work? If that is so then the power cord goes to the transfer switch where the generator goes to and generator is default. My box is by the inverter. I wouldn't think that would be the culprit.