Wrapping up Victron

Projects that never seem to wrapped up, this one finally.

I’ve had the Multiplus in for awhile now, and originally bought the easy panel. I just really didn’t like it. 

Bought the GX panel and took me a bit to route the wires, but it’s done now. 

Check one project off 

IMG_2041.jpeg

IMG_2042.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Rocketman3 said:

Next Victron Project… 

Solar Panels so you can fill in the bottom right section of the GX screen.😎

that looks good these

Oh boy, I don’t have a lot of real estate up there. I think I’ll upgrade the batteries from my current lithium 200ah to the newer 460ah

Lithium is cheap right now. The 460 is cheaper than the 200 I bought a few years ago by $300

https://a.co/d/5HkmP6W

Edited by JDCrow
Changed figures

Posted (edited)

You'll really like that new system.  I've had it for 3 or so years. I still have the plastic screen protector on mine as well.lol  I have it running all outlets in coach and 1 of the roof airs.

What's your feeling about storing the lithium batteries ?   Some say 40-60%, I see yours are 100%.   I usually turn inverter and charger off when stored and they drop down about 1% every 24-36 hours.  Just minor parasitic DC loads.

Edited by windsorbill06

40-60% for long term storage is ideal. 

You don't want to leave them completely drained for very long ("I usually turn inverter and charger off when stored and they drop down about 1% every 24-36 hours.  Just minor parasitic DC loads.").  I remove mine for the winter and leave it in the garage to protect it from extreme cold temps as well (Canada, eh).  They can sit disconnected for 6 months and lose about 1% of their state of charge. Amazing.

...and the project's not done until you remove that fugly plastic over the screen!  🙂

1 hour ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

You don't want to leave them completely drained for very long ("I usually turn inverter and charger off when stored and they drop down about 1% every 24-36 hours.  Just minor parasitic DC loads.").  I remove mine for the winter and leave it in the garage to protect it from extreme cold temps as well (Canada, eh).  They can sit disconnected for 6 months and lose about 1% of their state of charge. Amazing.

...and the project's not done until you remove that fugly plastic over the screen!  🙂

Ha!.  That plastic cover on the display is driving my grandson crazy.  He's just dying to pull it off!

We're in warm climate so we use coach pretty much year round.  I have the Lion UT1300's.  When I have talked to Lion in the past, they didn't seem concerned, considering we don't store coach for months on end.   Not a bad warranty either, if I do have issues.

11 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

Bill, only lithium experience I have is E-bikes, and the 40-60% is what they recommend for long term storage.

Yea,   we have 2 ebikes.   Right in the manual in BIG red letters, it states to store them long term at 40-60 %.   

Yeah for us the coach is live all winter. Our current living situation dictates the coach as office/conference space. It was also rehab center after our accident/surgery. 

I just noticed your GX says float and voltage is at 14.1v (if I am reading it correctly).

Did that just switch to float? Usually you want to float Lithium’s at 13.5. (Bulk and absorbing at 14.2 to 14.4).

If your float is set to 14.1 then you probably needs to lower it a bit - if it just changed to float and your float is about 13.5, then disregard this post.

6 hours ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

In fact I just re-installed the battery into the coach this morning.  Here is the before/after view of the battery state from when I removed it in October and today:

Oct102023-LiFePO4.thumb.PNG.62c10b5c1a5bcb9ffb84774818c3915e.PNGMay162024-LiFePO4.thumb.PNG.0179d0fdf89cca5c9f427766445ecef5.PNG

Interestingly the battery "gained" 0.03v in storage. 😎  

Perhaps the long rest did it good?  😉