Keypad and controller wiring 2006 Holiday Rambler Imperial wiring

Hey all,

I have been trying to sort on the wiring on my keypad to controller and the colors on the coach side do not match the Monaco diagram that I have.  It appears that the previous owner tried to replace the keypad and was unsure of the connections.  I have the keypad powered up and it makes the standard beeps when programming and it also beeps when I disconnect the controller under the dash.  I have checked the controller and it is also receiving power. I did notice that when the reset is pressed on the controller that the light does not illuminate.  Does anyone have the correct diagram?   

Posted (edited)

I assume you mean the keypad by the door?  Do you have a model number?  I replaced mine but it is a few years older.  There were lots of conversations on here regarding that... did you do a search?  The thread that I followed was "Key Fob Programming".  There are some good instructions there, but they may not match up to your coach.  More info is always a good thing.

Edited by Just Jim

Just Jim,

I did a search of the Essex 1701 and did not find info on the standard key fob controller .   My keypad, which is dated 10/18 and the coach is a 06, has loose wires and on the coach side wiring, it doesn’t match the schematic as the schematic shows a Molex 9 pin and  mine is a small four pin similar to the key fob controller.  

Posted (edited)

First off it would help to know exactly which Essex Keypad you are working with. I have schematics for the 1600 and 1700 series.

Need more information!

Photos are like posting 1000 words.

Edited by Dr4Film

All,

Below, you will find the model and the key fob model number. My next step will be to track down the wires and make sure the keypad is working before chasing my tail. I always enjoy a challenge.  

IMG_4920.jpeg

IMG_4925.png

Posted (edited)

All,

Spent part of the day trying to sort out and wrap my head around the wiring diagram for the 2006 HR.  I have printed the terminal page.  Some have said that the key pad is independent of the keyless remote system. Mine plugs into the wireless unit and thats where it receives its power. The schematics list three relays and I can only find two.  I will eventually get but it is a slow go.  I did mock up some relays at the keypad and the keypad is good. I would hate to spend this time and find out my wireless pad is bad.  Tomorrow I am going to install the Avital 2101L and then integrate the keypad once the wireless unit is working.  

Edited by 70DBoss

Progress made today.  After some thought my unit actually interface with the wireless transmitter and connected to the relays through the wireless module.  I was also trying to utilize six wires from the key pad and I have the key pad working with four wires.  Red-power, Black - ground, white/red - unlock and white/black - lock.   I determined that my new wireless unit is not compatible.