Bottom slide seal detached

Opened the bedroom slide on my new to me 2007 Safari Simba. The seal at the bottom has come detached in places and I can't get to it to reattach.  Looking from the inside there is a 1-2 inch gap so it needs to be there.  I would appreciate ideas as to how to reattach the seal and what to use as the adhesive. TIA for your time and wisdom!

2 hours ago, martinsimba said:

Opened the bedroom slide on my new to me 2007 Safari Simba. The seal at the bottom has come detached in places and I can't get to it to reattach.  Looking from the inside there is a 1-2 inch gap so it needs to be there.  I would appreciate ideas as to how to reattach the seal and what to use as the adhesive. TIA for your time and wisdom!

Many, unfortunately, ways to attach seals.  Some pop into an extruded strip and you replace and push and “forcibly” get the seal to fit into mount or holder or track.

Many are double stick adhesive.  If the double stick tape fails, this is the following fix…find a new gasket or seal…that has the same profile and replace.  There are companies that sell most all of the ones used on our MH.

The other method is to remove or peel off the adhesive.  Not knowing how long and how much is detacched nor having pictures makes it tough….also, not knowing the area around it and the difficulty in working there.

I have salvaged sesls or gaskets thusly 

Peel off the adhesive on both sides.  I use WD40. It is a kerosene based product and will soften most double stick tape’s adhesive.  Spray or use a cloth saturated and get off as much as you can.  Then it is sort of “what works best”. I have used plastic scouring pads to abrade off the remaining adhesive.  Stiff bristle brushes. My fingernails. You need to get the tape totally off ans as much as the adhesive film as possible.  THEN use a small cloth…think a knit T shirt scrap. Ue a cotton swab or put a little Acetone on the surface.  Then wipe or abrade and get off the final residue.

The Acetone will activate both surfaces (if the seal is attached to a painted surface).  The use CLEAR 3M VHB double stick tape. AMAZON has it in different widths and lengths.  If is the thinnest double stick tape, other than scrap booking tape I have ever found.  It works….

Good Luck.

Thank you Tom. Do you have any ideas on how I can reach the seal to work on it? It is a slide out with a cable system and the seal runs along the bottom so It is tucked back up under and I can't really get to it. I'm wondering if the slide can be jacked up a bit without causing damage, just enough to get my hands in to reattach with adhesive?

Thank you

2 hours ago, martinsimba said:

Thank you Tom. Do you have any ideas on how I can reach the seal to work on it? It is a slide out with a cable system and the seal runs along the bottom so It is tucked back up under and I can't really get to it. I'm wondering if the slide can be jacked up a bit without causing damage, just enough to get my hands in to reattach with adhesive?

Thank you

I have that type of system on the short slide in my bedroom.  I don't really KNOW how it is attached...other than the USUAL.  UNFORTUNATELY...there is no way, that I have seen to get to it from the INSIDE.  I KNOW.  One of my cables broke.  YEEOUCH.  The shop had to totally disassemble and remove all the cabinet work....There are EIGHT cables.  Four that pull it in and Four that push it out.  The cables have a "T" or a DISK on each end and that fits into a slot.  You have to be able to get to where the cable attaches.  Mine was the one that PULLED IN.  OMG.  The horizontal trim on each side had to come off.  OPPS....that was just the start...bottom line...8 hours for two guys....WHO HAD DONE IT AND WERE GOOD...

The slide was made a BAL or a NORCO or also called Accu-SLide...  You can watch a YouTube Video of how the slide works and also how to replace the cable.  That will give you an idea. 

IF and I SAY IF, your slide is like mine, there are 4 (MEMOR) small plastic rollers in the frame or the sidewall of the MH.  These are maybe 1" in diameter.  THERE IS NO ADJUSTMENT.  I had to raise my slide and put Guardian Plates on the underside of the slide as there was wear and abraison.  Not such a bad job.  BUT, if you jack up the slide...you might see.

The way you do that.  Take two 2X4 and screw them together....the 4" sides..  Then you will need two Bottle Jacks (car jacks are OK...as in the screw ones in your spare)...but a floor jack does not give you the precise lifting control.  You then cut a 24" length of 2X4 and make a "T" post or Jack. You put that UNDER the slide...BUT READ ON...  You jack up one side...maybe 1/8" and then the other.  Keep doing this until you have maybe 1/2" or so of clearance.  GOING any higher might not be advisable.  

NOW...you CAN run the slide in...maybe 1/2 of the way.  IT DEPENDS ON THE CABINETRY.  Mine had complex crown molding and a header.  If you can run yours in and put you hand behind the top and feel the slide and the frame....then that is what you monitor.  Mine would rub at the top....so make sure that when you jack up...there is clearance and you are NOT pushing the TOP WOOD against the WOOD ON THE Side wall.

The Jacks can be about half way between the end of the slide and the sidewall.

OK...GOOGLE is your friend.

https://balrvproducts.com/product/r854048-1-25-inch-wipe-seal-accu-slide-abs-model-with-adhesive-backing/

Start Googling.  Bal MAY have a video  Try Bal Lower Accu-Slide wiper seal replacement... add YOUTUBE...

Good Luck...

Good Luck...