Passenger rear slide won't extend

HELP! I'm supposed to be hitting the road with friends for a few days of RVing. I wanted to open the RV (2009 Monaco Dynasty) for easy loading. Three of my slides opened just fine. The bedroom passenger slide out does not want to open. It makes a sound, almost like a gushing sound but does not move. I cannot tell exactly where the sound is coming from. I don't see any visible fluid leaks...but also not sure I'm looking in the right areas. I'm attempting to check fuses and such, but again not sure exactly where to look. Also, I appear to have power to all other systems. Engine and Chassis batteries are charged and the generator is running, and supporting the full electrical load of the coach.

Thanks for any suggestions.

9BE91C72-99E7-4D3C-96E3-DC8929586CD1.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by RVingShawn
Added photos. Multiplex module with slide is not illuminating

If the hydraulic pump is running and the led light next to the fuse labelled rear P/S out on the multiplex module comes on when you press the out button on the multiplex keypad, then you likely have a sticking valve on the hydraulic pump manifold.  These valves are easily accessible by removing the step well storage bin.  Just loosen the pressure release screw and the slide will likely move out a few inches then retighten.  The slide will likely move out like normal.  Valve 2E is the slide release valve for my coach.

Screenshot_20200726-125516.png

• Like 1

On mine, you remove the small bin under the entry step.  The last step is hinged and the bin is below the step.  Hydraulic system is under that small bin.  Actually I just leave out the plastic bin holding screws to make it easier to gain access to the hydraulic pump and valves. 

You may not have the correct valve extend solenoid or you did not turn it far enough to pull the pintle off the seat to allow hydraulic fluid to flow.  You can turn the pressure release nut up to 4 1/2 revolutions but no more or you could damage the solenoid.

At this point I’ve placed a call for a service tech. Well, actually I had called earlier for a technician, but continued to tinker. I was able to see hydraulic fluid gushing out of a conduit behind the slide in the bedroom....only visible by crawling into the closet. 

So I know the line is “damaged” somewhere in the conduit. I can’t get to it enough because the slide is in. I can’t get the slide out with two adult males. I will admit, I’m unable to fix this. Sadly it ruined the COVID escape little get away planned, but so be it. I’m glad at least that I was able to deduce what I did. Thank you for your help. 

On 7/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Frank McElroy said:

If the hydraulic pump is running and the led light next to the fuse labelled rear P/S out on the multiplex module comes on when you press the out button on the multiplex keypad, then you likely have a sticking valve on the hydraulic pump manifold.  These valves are easily accessible by removing the step well storage bin.  Just loosen the pressure release screw and the slide will likely move out a few inches then retighten.  The slide will likely move out like normal.  Valve 2E is the slide release valve for my coach.

Screenshot_20200726-125516.png

Thank you for this schematic. I don’t even know where I’m at with updating....but here’s the current situation. If I crawl into the closet (I have the Yorkshire IV floorplan) and look forward I can see a conduit on the outside of the right rear slide. When any button is pressed to move a slide that conduit gushes with fluid. 

Is it possible to isolate/lock off that hydraulic line, refill the reservoir, and bring in the left front slide? If I can do that, I can drive the coach to an authorized service center. They’ve been attempting to help troubleshoot as well, but they really need the coach their to work on it. I don’t blame them. 

For each slide there is an extend and return line.  They can be capped at the manifold pump.

If you release the retract solenoid for the front slide, a few strong bodies should be needed to push in this slide.  Don't push on the slide flange Once the slide is in be sure to close the release solenoid valve.

11 minutes ago, Frank McElroy said:

For each slide there is an extend and return line.  They can be capped at the manifold pump.

If you release the retract solenoid for the front slide, a few strong bodies should be needed to push in this slide.  Don't push on the slide flange Once the slide is in be sure to close the release solenoid valve.

How would I cap it?

More so, is it possible (assuming that only the Right Rear slide line is leaking) to cap that slide, and bring in the open slide with the hydraulic system? I hope I am explaining that as I intend. If I can, I'd like to let the coach bring the slide in. I'm hoping only one line is leaking, and that slide is already retracted. Thank you.

An important clue is you said that hydraulic fluid leaks out when you operate any slide out.  This likely means that the hydraulic line going from the pump manifold to the rear slide synchronizing cylinder is bad.

That line likely connects to the side of the manifold where it tees into a synchronization line from another slide.  Whenever a slide is commanded to retract or extend, the hydraulic lines going to the other slide synchronizing cylinders would be pressurized so it makes sense that the hydraulic line going to the rear synchronization cylinder is bad.

You would need find a hydraulic fitting cap with the proper threads to cap off the end of the tee.

http://www.hwhcorp.com/mr701010.html