It is easier for members to give a more detailed answer when the OP provides the year, make, and model of their coach.    I have been a member of this group since Bill D founded it. 

On the 2004 Windsor, it takes a special alternator that has a DUVAC provision.    It is a known fact that unless you replace your alternator with the EXACT same alternator, you will have the problems you are having.  The recommended procedure is to have your existing alternator rebuilt.  A lot of members have fell into that pit.  I would suggest that you try to get your old alternator back and have it rebuilt. 

Perform a motor home alternator search on the internet .

I replaced my 160 amp Leece Neville 2824LC with a 200 amp Delco Remy 28SI. The install was fairly simple, ( I have a side radiator) except on the DR you don't connect the excite wire since it is self exciting. I purchased mine with a extra pulley wheel at:

https://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?category=139

I had my old LN rebuilt and carry it as a spare.

1 hour ago, veraken said:

I replaced my 160 amp Leece Neville 2824LC with a 200 amp Delco Remy 28SI. The install was fairly simple, ( I have a side radiator) except on the DR you don't connect the excite wire since it is self exciting. I purchased mine with a extra pulley wheel at:

https://www.qualitypowerauto.com/catalog.php?category=139

I had my old LN rebuilt and carry it as a spare.

Do you know the voltage reading directly at batteries with it running and does your coach use solid state isolator (diodes)? And does it have a tach wire?

5 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Do you know the voltage reading directly at batteries with it running and does your coach use solid state isolator (diodes)? And does it have a tach wire?

With the engine running I get @14 V.  To my knowledge, I do not have solid state diodes.  The tach wire is attached to a terminal on the back of the alternator.

5 hours ago, veraken said:

With the engine running I get @14 V.  To my knowledge, I do not have solid state diodes.  The tach wire is attached to a terminal on the back of the alternator.

Thank you, I suppose you don't have the solid state isolator in your case and that changes things.