HWH air leveling solenoids

granvillebarker

We are home for a few weeks

and I recently read a thread that listed all

three o-rings for the HWH leveling solenoids.   I decided to be pro-active and replace all the o-rings instead of just the leaky ones.   I did the front six today and five of the six on the plunger side crumbled in my hands when I removed them.   Only two currently showed leaks.

i will do the back 12 tomorrow and all of them again next time any of them leak.   

I also tested all the coils with an ohm meter, they should be around 14-15 ohms when good.

My coach had all the HWH wires wrapped with a plastic bag when I got it new, so I rewrapped all that as well today.   

Granville Barker

05 Dynasty 

Really interested in this procedure!! Can u explain how you did it maybe with some pictures? Pretty sure mine are leaking. Also I have one control on the panel the back set of bags the allow you to dump air in manual mode but not add it.. would that be the whole value or control panel?

Thanks in advance!!!

Mikes write up is excellent, so I’ll let you look at it for details.    I’ll say the back is much more difficult than the front, the drive  axel is right in the way.  I’m attaching pictures of the two rear solenoid packs before I started, then with two coils removed, and the last photo are the six without the coils after being cleaned, new o-rings and re-installation.  In that first photo, you can still see the plastic partially wrapping the HWH wires from the factory.   I think Monaco wrapped them like that to keep the wire labels from getting covered in paint when the chassis was painted.   The wires going to each coil and the pressure switch have tags next to the plugs saying where they connect, Iike “RS / Travel”, “RS Raise”, etc...   

Granville Barker

05 Dynasty

D8166050-AEA4-4AAD-AE35-BA72B05F0D04.jpeg

224B30D7-A2B5-4F56-B5DC-5C8ADC359DE8.jpeg

BB3BFBE3-A10D-4ABE-8A7B-A6E70E29FB3D.jpeg

• Thanks 1