Falken tires

robert5158@att.net

Currently running 275/70R 22.5 Michelins on my 2003 Endeavor, that need replacing. Checked with a local tire outfit that has Falken tires at a very good price in that size. This outfit says they sell a lot of these tires to a very big local motor home dealer here in northern Calif......hummmm.  I'd never heard of Falken tires, but just got the annual Consumer Reports Buying Guide and see they're mentioned favorably in several categories for auto and truck tires. Has anyone used, or have information, on this brand tire and care to comment ?

Bob

2003 HR Endeavor

First time I've heard of Falken, at least in the RV space. Not the information you're looking for, but I was offended at the cost of Michelins and the short life they offer before they start cracking. I went with Toyo this time; so far very happy. Around half the cost, lots of trucker use them and lots of RVers seem to be happy with them. I would say they are softer over small bumps and a bit harder over large. Seem fine, hoping they go a bit longer before the sidewalls have me concerned. Also made in Japan, which seems to still be an area of manufacture that takes pride in the product.

Edit: Falken tires appear to a Sumitomo product, also a Japanese marque, which might be made in Buffalo, NY.

Edited by trailmug
  • Like 1

Hi Robert

Been surfing the site for 3 years trying to get an education.  This site has been so helpful in many ways.  Now to your question.  I ran Falken for almost 4 years on my other Monaco.  I was very happy and satisfied with the performance and handling.  I was a little concerned when I saw the price was so reasonable but I was very pleased with them for wear and handling.  My current Monaco is a 2007 Executive and have Toyo tires on it .  They have performed well during my first 6,000 miles with this coach.  I think you will be happy with either choice.

Wayne

• Like 1

I've run quite a few Falken tires over the years, and they've worked well for me in a variety of styles. My 1997 Windsor had them on it when I bought it 2 years ago, and they've run well enough that I'd use them again. They roll smooth and hold air, no cupping or abnormal wear in 15K miles so far.

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

I decided to google Falken tires , this is what Wikipedia says .

Surprised me to see they bought Goodyear Dunlop North America .   Also noted the focus on Ultra High Performance tires .

Falken Tire/Tyre is a brand of passenger car, light truck, and medium truck tires owned by the Japanese company Sumitomo Rubber Industries (SRI). It was launched in its native country of Japan in 1983, and was introduced to the North American market two years later and in Europe in 1988. Falken has now become a stand-alone brand that focuses on UHP (Ultra High Performance) products while utilizing professional motorsports to further develop and improve products for worldwide distribution.

Sumitomo Rubber North America, Inc., formerly known as Falken Tire Corporation, is the corporate headquarters in Rancho Cucamonga, California, with a West Coast distribution center in Ontario, California. Additional Falken Tire distribution locations include warehouses in Illinois, Florida, New Jersey, and Texas.

In June 2015, Sumitomo and Goodyear announced that they would dissolve their worldwide partnership. As part of the deal, Sumitomo bought Goodyear Dunlop Tires North America, which included a manufacturing plant in Tonawanda, near Buffalo, New York. The plant, rebranded as Sumitomo Rubber USA, began to produce Falken Tire-branded tires in January 2016

• 2 years later...

Hi,

In case it is helpful to anyone else, my new-to-me 1991 Dynasty 31' came with Falken RI150 ecoRun 255/70R/22.5 tires and I couldn't find any info online regarding the proper inflation pressures so I emailed Falken this morning and they sent me the attached 23-page "2023 Commercial Truck Data Book". 

On page 17 it indicates the following: 

image.thumb.png.f2df3d3ed70725e2c1dc879d64dcab36.png

2023 Falken TBR Data book - received 8.10.23 via email.pdf

• Like 1