Change 50A Power-Cord to exit under '08 Camelot PDQ-40 (vs from the side) ?

RustyTools

Having the power-cord come out the little door over the side-radiator looks cluttered to me (it just hangs there), and am considering moving the cord-run to exit from under that back corner of the coach.  Leaving the reel in place, it looks there's room to snake the cord down and around the fan\radiator & hardware thru a piece of conduit, and have it exit out from there- like the water hose.

Has anyone attempted this already?  Any thoughts pro or con?

I have a diplomat (rear radiator) and the cord exits out of the bottom in the rear.  The hole has four rollers around the perimeter so the cord does not scrape against a hard edge.  The power reel is strong and will definitely slice the cord trying to run through conduit.

Thanks for the quick reply, Matt.

I had an 06' Endeavor, and I always thought the bottom-location of the cord was a nice touch.  I'd forgotten about how smooth the concept was for the release rollers/etc with the heavy cord (especially in cold weather).  Guess I got some more thinking to do.

The cord coming from the bottom of the coach is nice /clean, only concern I have is the large opening, like opening the front door to let mice in, anyone have pictures and or an idea on how they prevented these critters from getting into the bay, once they get in they will find their way around in your basement. in storage I am plugged into 110, so in saying that I made a small plate ,drilled a hole, pulled the plug through, sealed the hole, placed a weight on top and closed the bay door. would like to have something quick /clean for the big power cord, once you get mice inside the house it may be a problem for a long time. 

Wayne

1999 Signature Caesar

I guy, Gary Z.  on another web site did this.  Make one any size for the application you choose.  Many options for attaching. And make more that one.

Sealing openings in the coach is more important as it gets chilly, and small critters like to crawl into warm and dark spaces. It's easier to keep them out than get rid of them. I bought a cheap plunger for $2 and threw away the wooden dowel. I had a sewer fitting that I used to mark the diameter, and then cut out the center. It perfectly fit around the sewer hose and seals the chamber!124427563_10221623780655316_284206311149547774_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ojU0an7eRREAX8Pmp9y&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&tp=6&oh=80778636cf061be48c1f9aab5b2992b6&oe=60750CBFNo photo description available.No photo description available.