Paint codes for 2005 Safari Cheetah

7 hours ago, Gerald H said:

I am needing the paint codes for the above coach, does anybody know where I can find them, the colors are gold, brownish gold and some burgundy strips.

Thanks Gerald

Paint codes are usually located on a label under the driver's seat but these are only numbers and if the paint shop can't find the formulas they make have trouble mixing a good match. I went thru that. Took the frig vent to them which had all three colors and ask them to match the paint because they could not find the formulas based on the paint codes. The paint did not match and caused me a lot of trouble. I finally got the formulas for the paint codes from Industrial Finishes in Eugene, Oregon and they were able to mix the correct match. Call the them and see if they have the formulas as they supplied the paint to Monaco.

Industrial Finishes

3455 W 1st Ave, Eugene, Oregon 97402

(541) 485-2033

Ask for paint desk

Will email or fax paint formulas to you

3 hours ago, Gerald H said:

Thanks for the info, I will check with them!!!

I would not rely on 15-16 year old paint codes to be used to match the existing paint on the coach. A body shop or Auto paint supplier  can take  a photo and match the current paint on your coach.

3 hours ago, Paul A. said:

I would not rely on 15-16 year old paint codes to be used to match the existing paint on the coach. A body shop or Auto paint supplier  can take  a photo and match the current paint on your coach.

I recently purchased a spray can using the paint codes for my 2006 Diplomat.  It was an excellent match for my existing paint.

15 hours ago, Chuck B said:

You might be able to match the colors now, but a couple years down the road you will be able to tell the difference.  Chuck B

Some here are showing their age. I grew up in a body shop and back before clear coat paint fading was a problem. Often my Dad would have a car with fades paint that needed repair. If he used the factory paint it would not match. If he matched the paint in a year or so it would fade and not match the other more faded paint.. It seems that the clearcoat helps eliminate that problem but presents a new problem - peeling clear coat. If you can keep your vehicle out of the sun you will be way ahead on not only keeping your paint in good shape but also reduce cracking on your tires and clouding of your head light lens.