Steering issue

Larry,

In a previous post I attached a Service Manual for the Sheppard M100.

On page 41 it explains how to remove the pitman, There is a cap that has tabs that prevent it from coming out, have to bend the tabs up and then it takes a special tool to pull the retainer.  It will be very tight, I believe it specs 350 ft-lbs when reassembling. 

The easy way to tell the difference between a Shepard and a TRW is often overlooked. The TRW uses a bolt thru the top of the Pitman arm clamping it to the output spline shaft. The Shepard is significantly beefier and has a nut attaching the arm to the output shaft with a locking washer. Below is a photo of the Pitman arm of a TRW. I do not have a photo handy of the Shepard but they are like night and day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=287161&d

Thanks Everyone for all your help. I will end my discussion on this by asking if anyone has 2002 36’ windsor PBD that has a TRW steering box can give be the correct part number to order from Weller. Someone a while back told me they thought I needed a TAS65 66003. Just trying to ask sure before ordering rom Weller. Thanks again.

Hey Fred if you call 8774666226 or 2607289564 with your veh number they can give any info about your coach you need. I call today and got my Shepherd box number and my luck had a special pitman arm than Weller had to special built. But give than phone number a shoot.