Splendide Combo

bobbyd557

Hello all,

We have an 02 Diplomat - we think the belt is broke or came off. Combo goes through the motions just no spinning action.

1. Anyone replaced the belt?

2.How do you get to it with out removing from cabinet? Our dresser doesn't sit that far off the opening

3. Where to get a new belt if that what we need.

Thanks and appreciated- Bob

I have a 2005 Diplomat.

We had the same symptom, the belt came off due to debris and dirty pulleys. I think? 

I cleaned up the components with WD40, I don’t recall there being a tensioner? Strange! 
It’s been working for 2 years now.

Heres the problem. 
You need to remove the entire back cover to expose the mechanics. I could not get the belt back on from any other angle because it’s too restricted. 
In my rig there is a the “closet” above the Washer. Remove the floor and it gives you limited access to the back of the machine. Did I say limited? 
I pulled the unit forward from the front on a piece of plywood that I managed to slip under the washer. It’s as heavy as hell, and this is like a job from “you know where”, I managed to tilt the unit forward and get my hands in behind the unit from the closet above and the front on the right side. The left hand side is against the wall so that’s off limits!
Be careful when you tilt the unit forward, because if it falls out your in serious trouble. I had my wife  making sure it did not tip forward, I also tied a rope around the unit to secure it. 

I managed  to remove the back plate and deal with the belt. 
This is a job that will test you vocabulary. 
I may be able to answer questions but there is no way in hell I coming to help because I in Canada. 

Lastly, the repair guy that I spoke with said they would use a mechanical lift to get the unit out. 

With regard to this unit I found the agents to be totally wonderful. They will drive your repair over the phone, running test as you go and they will ship you the parts. Very good service *****

Wow impressive and thanks

We have a small storage above the unit and could possible cut a panel into the main closet to get in there between the two areas. Ours will only be able to come out of its cubby about maybe 12" until it hits the dresser. I am sure that the vocabulary wasn't and will not be very pretty working on this.

I appreciate the offer of questions, and understand about not coming to Florida to help!

Did you have to get a new belt and where did you get it if you id.

Appreciated, thanks and take care

7 hours ago, bobbyd557 said:

Wow impressive and thanks

We have a small storage above the unit and could possible cut a panel into the main closet to get in there between the two areas. Ours will only be able to come out of its cubby about maybe 12" until it hits the dresser. I am sure that the vocabulary wasn't and will not be very pretty working on this.

I appreciate the offer of questions, and understand about not coming to Florida to help!

Did you have to get a new belt and where did you get it if you id.

Appreciated, thanks and take care

I’d sure like a trip to Florida but you know the problem right now. 

I've had to remove mine a couple of times for various issues, the last being a bad pump. The pump is mounted to the BOTTOM of the unit so there's no way to get to it without removing the entire assembly. Most other stuff can be fixed/replaced etc. from the back or front. What I did was fashion a 'bench' using a small table we have in the coach. Remove the front of the drip pan that's under the washer. Slide the bench up to the front of the unit. You may have to cut a piece of plywood/wood to get the table even with the bottom of the washer. The washer is heavy so it's generally easier if two people work it out but I've done it several times myself. Just be patient. Also because of room constraints, two people often get in each other's way. Work the washer out of the cubby slowly and slide it onto the bench. It is then in the open where you can work on it. Inspect it carefully and repair/replace anything that appears to be worn or damaged. You really don't want to do this twice and parts aren't that expensive. When you are finished, simply "walk" the washer back into the cubby. When you replace the front piece of the drip pan, be sure to silicone along the bottom edge in case the washer leaks. Mine has a drip hose at the back which drains through the coach and onto the ground should the washer leak. Hope this helps....Dennis

• Like 1