Relay ID in 2007 Sig.

2007 Signature owners.  I need help identifying a relay in the Front Run Bay.  I need to replace the 3rd relay down of the 4 relay positions on board (16) on schematics  or #12 on FRB picture. The Board is 73-00845-000.  The relay is a smart wheel component.  If I could get an idea of the nomenclature on the relay I would be for ever grateful.

Jack M.

2007 Signature

Front Run Bay 1.png

The third relay down is the Hamsar DRL Daylight Running Light Module.  My wiring diagram page 113 (bottom Right) shows the top relay to be "BRK" Brake? lights, and the second and bottom relay as spares.  Mine has Bosch relays plugged into those three.  The black box on the bottom left of your picture should be the Smart Wheel Module.

On edit I see page 188 of the wiring diagram shows, I think, what you are referring to.  I'll go look at my paper schematic.

After reviewing the paper schematic I cannot figure out where you came up with a Smart Wheel component on the 73-00845 board in the FRB.

Edited by Hypoxia

Thank you for the info on the relay.  I was having head light problem along the cruise control.  My RV repair guy solved the headlight problem with a relay.  He wanted the exact one Monaco used.  I was hoping it also solved the Cruise control problem….. that’s where the smart wheel comes in.

Your SmartWheel controller looks to be #3 in the lower left of the FRB.

To identify the relay, take a picture of the relay itself. The writing on it will include the manufacturer and the model.

Paul

3 minutes ago, ius2fly said:

Yes I have VORAD.

Any VORAD faults?

With Cruise Off, simultaneously depress the Cruise On and Set buttons on the smart wheel and have the cruise control function without smart cruise. This may take more than one try. Each time you must first cycle the Cruise Off and then try depressing Cruise On and Set simultaneously again. Usually by the third try it will work and continue to work until you cycle the key off.

This was on a VORAD troubleshooting document:  Shop Talk   If Adaptive Cruise Recovery is enabled, the driver can toggle the cruise enable switch from the OFF position to the ON position two times to get regular cruise control to operate

The VORAD indicators are on the right side of the dash.  When the ignition key is turned on there is an Amber indicator light and a Green "SmartCruise" light that should be illuminated.  Both should extinguish when you push the brake pedal.

A failure of the VORAD system will keep the cruise control from working

Vorad Installation Guide 2005.pdf Vorad Driver Instructions 2005.pdf