Hydraulic slides not working

The front slides on our 2009 Monaco Knight 38PKQ have stopped working. There is power to the motor.  It appears that the seal between the pump and the motor failed as there is now oil visible when the dust cap on the end of the motor is removed. I understand there is a minimum 2 weeks to get a motor/pump assembly from Lippert. Galley slide is in, living room slide is out. 
Questions:

1) Can/how do I extend the galley slide?  How specifically do I do this?  I have identified the hydraulic line (labelled orange/black) I believe the valve is located behind the solenoid.  Which way do I turn the valve to extend the slide? Which way do I ‘spin’ the motor?

2) Once extended will I be able to retract? Or is this a one time action to allow transport to a dealer for replacement?

Any help would be most appreciated

Laurice & Jennifer 

2009 Monaco Knight 38PKQ

2017 Ford Explorer follows behind with Blue Ox

Fort Steele RV Park & Resort

I had the exact issue. Luckily my slide hydraulic pump quit working when the slide was only out about 4 inches. There was no way to move it back in or to extend it fully. The override procedure I located in the manual did not work, fortunately I was at home and not on the road. Lippert was great but it did take nearly 5 weeks for them to build, ship and receive the new motor and pump.  

2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ

Thanks for the info. Appears that we have a different system than outlined in the manual. We do not have a rack and pinion system. 

Dave P.  You’re right exact same situation. Unfortunately ( in this situation) we are full timers.  Would love to get galley slide out. 

Thanks for the info. 
Laurice

I called and sent you the manual for your system. After 3 failed hydraulic motors, Lippert sent me a free spare. Tom Cherry sent me suggestions on other things to do also. Ill look them up and send to u also.

Just now, Bob125 said:

I've attached some pages from my manual regarding slide-outs.  This is for a 2009 Beaver Marquis.  It lists Lippert manual operation, but not for sure this is the system you have.  Wanted to help if your system is the same.  Thx, Bob...

2008-Marquis-Owner-Manual Slide_Outs.pdf 441 kB · 0 downloads

I have the same coach and sent him what he needs. Ive had the same issues.

Do you have rear slides and do they work?  Several years ago I had the same problem and I called Monaco (back when you could get help on older models)  There is a 5 amp fuse in my battery bay that had blown.  The signal from my control for the slides goes through this fuse.  I had a 09 Knight DFT so maybe that could be your problem.

Jim

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim McFarland said:

Do you have rear slides and do they work?  Several years ago I had the same problem and I called Monaco (back when you could get help on older models)  There is a 5 amp fuse in my battery bay that had blown.  The signal from my control for the slides goes through this fuse.  I had a 09 Knight DFT so maybe that could be your problem.

Jim

Do what Jim has posted. Check that fuse to make sure its good. I totally forgot about that.

3 hours ago, Jim McFarland said:

Jim

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

Do what Jim has posted. Check that fuse to make sure its good. I totally forgot about that.

Thanks Gary. Checked all fuses. All good.