Alternator Rebuild

Has been 5 weeks and the my original Alternator returned rebuilt, installed today, tach is working and Alternator is charging! Just to echo what has been said many times on this forum and for my 99 Signature it was the right thing to do. Rebuild was $ 750.00 cnd. Dixie Electric Ltd. Concord, Ontario, Canada , dixieelectric.com for those who may need assistance when traveling in Canada. would have been a quicker turn around but parts take longer than usual these days.

Wayne

1999 Signature Caesar

Wow, I m glad you got your going , But time waiting and cost ? Ouch. 

I have had two rebuilt for my 99 500 ISM

In downtown Columbus Ohio off 315 and 670 .

I took them in and in 1 hour they completely rebuilt mine.

While I waited.

Each was $300.

The first I took in was the original 10 years old with 88,000 miles on it.

I'm at 126,000 miles now. 

They had newley rebuilt on the shelf for $450. 

They said fire trucks, busses, big rig tractors use the Same lessNevel Alternator. 

( Hite parts exchange, Inc  )

Agricultural and construction,  transportation equipment.

Now I have a spare I always carry also.

Edited by John Haggard
Details added
  • Like 1

I took my alternator into a auto electric shop, didn’t tell them what is was off, and asked for a recondition. They asked me if I wanted a refurbished one to take home there and then and Is said no. I joined the repair queue and It took them 2 days. They charged me $250 and it came back looking like a new one. 

12 hours ago, John Haggard said:

You do live in a beautiful part of the world Wayne 

John 

little off topic, did you replace your Norcold refrigerator and or any upgrades to it? 

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

14 minutes ago, wayne.cerven@gmail.com said:

John 

little off topic, did you replace your Norcold refrigerator and or any upgrades to it? 

Thanks

Wayne 

1999 Signature Caesar 

Yes I did

Two years ago

With a Norcold 4 door. 

Works flawlessly and stays 33 

Freezer,  hard ice cream 

20210609_072732.jpg

14 hours ago, Rick A said:

I took my alternator into a auto electric shop, didn’t tell them what is was off, and asked for a recondition. They asked me if I wanted a refurbished one to take home there and then and Is said no. I joined the repair queue and It took them 2 days. They charged me $250 and it came back looking like a new one. 

Always get your alternator rebuilt because some alternators require a DUVAC wire.  Check your chassis wiring diagram to see if your alternator has a DUVAC wire.

Chuck B 2004 Windsor

5 hours ago, John Haggard said:

Yes I did

Two years ago

With a Norcold 4 door. 

Works flawlessly and stays 33 

Freezer,  hard ice cream 

20210609_072732.jpg

I spoke with Gail from Norcold recall department,  my fridge has had all the current recalls done,last one was last June 15 , 2020, seals and doors are all good, keeps everything nice and cool, I am not in 100 plus degree weather, in Tempe Arizona Nov/Dec this year for the Ironman,will not be that hot so going to wait a bit longer before switching it out.

Thanks

Wayne

1999 Signature Caesar