RiverPark 6 channel entertainment system

daveyjo

I have a 2005 HR Scepter (think Camelot, too) that has a RiverPark 6CHXOV-01 six channel entertainment system inside the cabinet above and to the left of the driver's seat, but I don't think much sound goes through it anymore. I have a 2 page copy of a document that says the system:

Allows dash radio and home theater system to share component speaker system

Custom designed passive crossover network

Frequency steering logic allows full-range radio output to support component speaker system

Protection circuitry prevents speaker damage from Hi-Output amplifiers

Plug-N-Play design with accessory harness set simplifies OEM installation

Simple to operate hideaway design

Eliminates automotive style speakers

The prior owner replaced the TV and the replacement TV uses the TV speakers, not the RiverPark system.  I think the radio (maybe also be replaced) may send a signal through it (I  can change the radio speakers from front to the bedroom by flipping the separate on/off switch that says radio in the cabinet above the driver) but I am not sure if it uses the RiverPark . I have a diagram that shows the 6CHXOV's 3 connectors connect the dash "stereo", the coach speakers, and the home theater system (of which there is none in the coach anymore if there ever was) to the 3 connections of a switcher 6CHXOV-01.  I have no idea where the switcher is.  I also have a separate audio in jack underneath the radio that maybe sends garbled sound through the coach speakers.

So, is the system salvageable?  Where might the switcher box be located?  Does anyone have electrical diagrams showing more than the master box, the switcher box, and cabling between them?  How does one control the output? Any other advice?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Jones

Dave

Have you talked to riverpark? I have the same unit in my 09 Knight. Ill look for schematics. It maybe a couple of days though.  Hopefully someone else will be faster and my coach is several notches lower than yours. 
I found 5 drawings of the system (2008 Home Theater System). Drawing number 38080188, not sure what u have.

Edited by Gary M
Found docs

Guest Ray Davis

Dave ,  I have the River Park box that switches the speakers . You called yours a River Park entertainment system , are you sure it's

not just the speaker switching box ?

Mine is a black box approx. the size of a cigar box located in the cabinet above the driver left side .

It has an impressive bundle of wires that go to the cabinet above and in front of the driver , they are the speaker wires

That cabinet is where my surround sound receiver is located and where those wires connect .

My speaker sw is in the dash center area where the car radio and hvac control is , it is labeled radio or tv 

Your wires labeled home theater can probably just be connect to the tv external speaker output unless you decide to use a

home theater/ surround system then those wires would connect to it .

If your device if functional I would try to keep and use it 

On 2/23/2020 at 8:46 PM, Gary M said:

Dave

Have you talked to riverpark? I have the same unit in my 09 Knight. Ill look for schematics. It maybe a couple of days though.  Hopefully someone else will be faster and my coach is several notches lower than yours. 
I found 5 drawings of the system (2008 Home Theater System). Drawing number 38080188, not sure what u have.

There is someone at whoever now owns RiverPark who did respond to an email.  He still didn't help me figure out where the box is to connect things to the speaker switcher (not an entertainment system as I originally called it).  I'm guessing it is buried behind walls in my overhead compartment.  Apparently it works as I can send my dash radio sound over the front speakers or the rear, or maybe over both by switching my radio switch on or off in the overhead compartment,  Seems to work erratically.

I, too, have a piece of literature with links to specs and other features, but they don't work.  They all send me to whoever now owns riverpark, but the site itself was pretty worthless and did not link to the promised documents.  I would love to have the documents my document says are available buy are not.

Im confused about your switcher as u call it. The switcher is the 6CHXOV-01. as far as I know.  Then the only other switch is the one from radio to home theater switch.

HOME THEATER BLOCK REVISION C (08) 38080188.pdf

20 minutes ago, Gary M said:

Im confused about your switcher as u call it. The switcher is the 6CHXOV-01. as far as I know.  Then the only other switch is the one from radio to home theater switch.

HOME THEATER BLOCK REVISION C (08) 38080188.pdf 457.53 kB · 3 downloads

21 minutes ago, Gary M said:

23 minutes ago, Gary M said:

The diagram I have, and matches what I can see, shows the switcher box multi wire cables going to some other box I cannot see .  I want to find that other box, as I assume that is where I would connect my radio and TV or home entertainment system.  It appears that there are 2 inputs to it, the radio and the TV or home entertainment system ( which I don't have or are not connected).  I'll try to attach the only doco I have.  Thank you for all the diagrams you sent.  I'll have to study them for awhile and see if it helps me figure out how to get the river park system useful again.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:46 PM, Gary M said:

Dave

There is someone at whoever now owns RiverPark who did respond to an email.  He still didn't help me figure out where the box is to connect things to the speaker switcher (not an antertainment system as I originally called it).  I'm guessing it is buried behind walls in my overhead compartment.  Apparently it works as I can send my dash radio sound over the front speakes or the rear, or maybe over both by switching my radio switch on or off in the overhead compartment,

switch box   6CHXOV-01WD.png

The diagram I have, and matches what I can see, shows the switcher box multi wire cables going to some other box I cannot see .  I want to find that other box, as I assume that is where I would connect my radio and TV or home entertainment system.  It appears that there are 2 inputs to it, the radio and the TV or home entertainment system ( which I don't have or are not connected).  I'll try to attach the only doco I have.  Thank you for all the diagrams you sent.  I'll have to study them for awhile and see if it helps me figure out how to get the river park system useful again.

Did u download the diagram i just sent u? Is it like yours?

I did download the diagram.  Thank you!!  It appears to be like mine except it still doesn't tell me where the 3 multi wire cables from it go to behind walls.  but it sure helps me understand just what it is supposed to do.  Apparently the home theater in my coach was discarded and the dash radio replaced, but as I see it, all the home theater did was route the output of the radio, tv or whatever to the RiverPark, which then somehow decided which speakers to send the sound to.  As I interpret it all, the dash switch (which should say radio or theater, but in mine just says radio) switches the RiverPark to what speakers are to be used to play whatever the home theater box sends to it.  Essentially, the home theater is just another set of switches like the RiverPark box?

Thanks again for your help.

Dave Jones

Dave

My RP box is in a cabinet above dash next to entry door. First set of Multi wires  go thru side of cabinet down passenger side of post for windshield into dash and radio. Second and third set go thru same side but go into radius part of roof and one set out cabinet above passenger to Home Theatre which we don’t  use as dvd player in it shows dvd’s with green tint. The third set must (I assume) go into ceiling and off to all speakers. My radio/theatre switch is in cabinet above entry door. My tv is in passenger side kitchen slide and I have video cables that run from tv down thru lower kitchen cabinets out to below fridge into wall up to roof radius out wall into cabinet above passenger where home theater, DVD player and cable box are. And of course not having xray vision, its guess work.

Good luck!!

Dave,

Since my coach systems are pretty much identical to yours,  the RP unit is in the long cabinet with the 2 doors directly above the drivers seat above the road side window.  If you don't find it there, do you have hole with a white plastic shield around it that the wires are running thru?  If you do,  maybe RP unit  was removed when the home entertainment system and dash radio were replaced.  Here is a picture of an 05 HR 40PDQ from  RV Trader that shows the unit.

Hope this helps.

5e3296c19b7bd876fc441e11.jpg?width=1024&height=768&quality=70

That's what mine looks like except I don't have the video distribution amplifier, and I have probably the same cables coming into the compartment through the forward bulkhead, plus I have an additional bunch of cables that used to be connected to an obsolete KVH Satellite receiver.  I marked the KVH cables, but have no clue what the other wires are from.  They are maybe from that other box shown on my two page brochure, which is probably gone.  But all the info I have received helps me understand the system better, and what I can do to replace it.  Thanks all for your help.

Dave Jones