Load balancing

woodylmiller

My front and middle A/C's are on one leg plus the battery charger it appears.  With all 3 going I'm drawing around 43 amps on that one leg and 0 on the other.  This is while I am parked at the house and I only have the two A/C's going to cool down the coach while I'm working on other projects.  In the parks the load is more balanced since all three A/C's and other gadgets are running.  I plan to move things around a little to balance the load a little better, unless the engineers at Monaco had designed the circuits this way and I shouldn't mess with it.  Any thoughts?  Both front and middle A/C's pull around 13 to 14 amps apiece and the charger is really kicking up and running around 14 amps at times.  My main concern is the voltage drop on the loads which causes an under voltage to happen, not good for a motor load.  At around 43 amps or so the one leg has dropped to 117 volts while the other no load leg is running at 122 volts.  Don't want to open a can of worms fooling around, got too many other projects to get done before the white stuff comes again and we are leaving before that.  Thanks,

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty Regal IV

Do you mean your Magnum inverter charger is pulling 14 amps at 120v AC?  That's almost 140 amps at 12v DC.  If correct, something is seriously wrong!

More than likely it may be passing some current through to inverted outlets that are powering something.  

Each leg is designed to handle 50 amps.  If its not popping breakers I'd leave it alone.  

Thoughts?  If it ain't broke dont fix it.  Each leg is good for 50 amps.  You are under that.  It's working as designed.  No need to worry.  Breakers will do their job when needed.  The engineers have already split out the loads for you.

Rick M

Y2K Exec

Thanks guys.  Was just something to think about.  For the most part when in a park it seems like things go fine, have tripped a 50 sometimes, 3 A/C's, microwave and dryer.  The EMS system to handle it.  As to the charger, yes, sometimes it seems like the thing is really putting out.  But I have 4 Trojan 8D's and 4, drawing a blank and it's too hot out to look, but they are 4 chassis/engine batteries that have a lot of amperage to them.  Getting old ain't for sissy's that's for sure, memory seems to be the first to go.  LOL.  Anyway, 8 batteries and a constant parasitic drain.  But the charger does kick out the amps at times.

Woody Miller