Antifreeze change

Yes, if you want to know what a crazy flush is like, Google 6.0 or 6.4 power stoke flush. Because of Sand Castings and Horrible motor craft gold coolant that gels up in the Oil cooler and Egr coolers, it’s a mess to flush. There are even adaptors to back flush your oil cooler.

There are nooks and crannies for tons of scale, rust and algae to hide

11 hours ago, JDCrow said:

Yes, if you want to know what a crazy flush is like, Google 6.0 or 6.4 power stoke flush. Because of Sand Castings and Horrible motor craft gold coolant that gels up in the Oil cooler and Egr coolers, it’s a mess to flush. There are even adaptors to back flush your oil cooler.

Hey JD so i was working for ford when International stuck us with that 6.4 POS!!! They discovered when the cooling system had either run low on coolant or sucked air an cavitated the cooling system so bad that it wore a hole thru the front seperator plate an dumped all the coolant into the lubrication system, that once that block had overheated there was NO way to get the stuff out. Even after the manditory 6 hr flush an replace the EGR cooler they still came back with another plugged EGR cooler. It got so bad that when they returned for the 2nd egr cooler, we just simply replaced the short block and EVERYTHING in the entire cooling system, including the heater core and any other non ford item that was attached to the cooling system. That engine was the FU from International, i can honestly say i had replaced sooooo many 6.4 engines i have lost count i will bet easy me alone replaced 75 in the years they were still under warranty, an we had two other diesel techs doin the same thing, then multiply that by all the other ford shops All doing the same thing. That doesnt even BEGIN to count how many high pressure fuel pumps we replaced because the crankcase would overfill due to the seal on the pump would fail, or camshaft failures, or rocker arm failures..I had a cab remove an reinstall down to 45 minutes!!!

it was really a shame cause the frame an the body were awsome an would really hold up well, however after the warranty was done people would just get rid of the whole thing running or not

14 hours ago, Rikadoo said:

Hey JD so i was working for ford when International stuck us with that 6.4 POS!!! They discovered when the cooling system had either run low on coolant or sucked air an cavitated the cooling system so bad that it wore a hole thru the front seperator plate an dumped all the coolant into the lubrication system, that once that block had overheated there was NO way to get the stuff out. Even after the manditory 6 hr flush an replace the EGR cooler they still came back with another plugged EGR cooler. It got so bad that when they returned for the 2nd egr cooler, we just simply replaced the short block and EVERYTHING in the entire cooling system, including the heater core and any other non ford item that was attached to the cooling system. That engine was the FU from International, i can honestly say i had replaced sooooo many 6.4 engines i have lost count i will bet easy me alone replaced 75 in the years they were still under warranty, an we had two other diesel techs doin the same thing, then multiply that by all the other ford shops All doing the same thing. That doesnt even BEGIN to count how many high pressure fuel pumps we replaced because the crankcase would overfill due to the seal on the pump would fail, or camshaft failures, or rocker arm failures..I had a cab remove an reinstall down to 45 minutes!!!

it was really a shame cause the frame an the body were awsome an would really hold up well, however after the warranty was done people would just get rid of the whole thing running or not

Agree, the front cover was a nightmare. I replaced my right when I bought it to the updated cover. The only “weak” spot left was the rocker arms. I was just waiting for a tappet to come off and get sucked it. And the Siemens pump, ugg, just the slightest bit of rust and bam, $10k for the fuel system. 

I still prefer that interior though to my current 2017. Was a nice truck. And while the 6.4 was a money pit, if I had deep pockets, I’d own a hopped up one again just for fun. It’s was a screamer 

Edited by JDCrow
Spelling