Headlights in a 2005 HR Scepter

daveyjo

I have been trying to figure out what LED headlights to buy for my 2005 HR Scepter.  I know they take type H9 Halogen lamps for both high and low beams, but when reviewing postings I get confused, so I thought I'd go to some vendors for info.  It appears that M4 products is a pretty reliable vendor, and headlight revolution (https://www.headlightrevolution.com/search?keywords=customer service) is also highly recommended for good info.  Of course their online lamp selector wants to know what make of CAR I have, and of course, Monaco or Holiday Rambler don't exist among their choices, but it occurred to me that if I knew what car is the source of the headlight assembly in my coach (2005 Scepter), perhaps I could approach these vendors with that information and see what they suggest.  I saw a suggestion to see what the OEM number is on the assembly, but I can't see a number on it.  Attached is a picture of the headlight.

Two Headlighs resized.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have a problem with not enough light to see when driving at night.  I'm going to see if switching to an LED bulb for my 2005 Ambassador Holiday Rambler that claims to be "600 percent brighter" may actually be a solution. I thought I might need to find a complete upgrade solution to fit, and I think that might be a possibility if this cheap fix doesn't do the trick. 

13 hours ago, marcbachman said:

I have a problem with not enough light to see when driving at night.  I'm going to see if switching to an LED bulb for my 2005 Ambassador Holiday Rambler that claims to be "600 percent brighter" may actually be a solution. I thought I might need to find a complete upgrade solution to fit, and I think that might be a possibility if this cheap fix doesn't do the trick. 

I have the same issue on my Ambassador. Any idea what bulbs you are going to try?

8/14/21 - 2005 HR Scepter - coach headlights use H9 tungsten filament bulbs in, surprisingly, both hi and low beam lamp fixtures.  The low beam fixture looks like it has an opaque filter/lens in front of the bulb, and the high beam lens is crystal clear. Replaced all 4 bulbs with LED headlight bulbs from H4. HEADLIGHTS-H8/H9/H11-V6s Version 6s Headlight Kit, $75 per pair.  8/14/21. Seem to work OK.

I also asked the forum about the subject around August, 2021.  Lots more discussion there.

Just putting in a led bulb to replace a halogen bulb (1st pic) may be brighter BUT the led light source is not as concentrated (bigger area 2nd pic) and may even decrease your sight distance…not as much of a spot light. I put in LEDs that let me rotate them to a 3-9 o’clock orientation knowing even those wouldn’t increase my sight distance. Did it to reduce the amps through the Smart wheel controller instead of adding relays. If you go LED, you need to buy a projection headlight designed for the led bulb.

I experimented with several different led spotlights on my SUV that has very good headlights. The cheapest ones were definitely the best for increasing the sight distance plus they were the only ones adjustable in all 3 axis… need to mount on the curved front cap. 3rd picture 

I did a post on this previously:

555404DA-1AF8-4E5B-99AD-5A463B7220C1.png

67A461F1-D1E0-46E9-B4A7-5C1DC2498C3E.png

5A3774C6-6E11-46F5-8D4D-29B64AC0CC1A.png

Edited by Ivylog