Slide creeps in

Wanted to see if any of you have had the problem of a slide creeping back in slowly on its own. I have a 2004 signature and the bedroom slide on the passenger slide will come back in slowly over time. Is there something that’s suppose to hold it ? I assume that the slide topper is giving it enough pull back to make it slide but don’t know. 

Find the motor that operates the slide.  There may/should be a lever on the motor that is the locking mechanism.  Make sure it is in the locked position.  Had the same issue with my 04 Dip.  I guess I accidentally un-locked the motor the packing some stuff in the bay.  Mine would not creep, but would slide back in about 3 inches after I extended it.  Hope this helps.

8 hours ago, Poohbear said:

Wanted to see if any of you have had the problem of a slide creeping back in slowly on its own. I have a 2004 signature and the bedroom slide on the passenger slide will come back in slowly over time. Is there something that’s suppose to hold it ? I assume that the slide topper is giving it enough pull back to make it slide but don’t know. 

If it is the hydraulic slide it is normally caused by the solenoid mounted on the hydraulic pump located under the entry step.  You can try holding the switch for a few seconds after it is fully extended, sometimes that will help.  You can locate the solenoid by unplugging the solenoid plug one at a time until the slide doesn't extend.  HWH does a fast turnaround if you send it in for rebuild and very reasonable pricewise.  Release the pressure before unscrewing the solenoid, it is very tight in there space wise.

Your Owners Manual discusses the Hydraulic System on page 231

Monaco HWH Solenoid Valve Replacement & Positions Noble III.pdf HWH Service Bulletin.pdf

Edited by Hypoxia
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think the back 2 slides are hyd. The front 2 are I can here the pump running when I let them out but the back ones I can’t here a pump only slide real quiet but I could be wrong I will check it out. Thanks guys. I will let y’all know when I figure it out.