Front Air Tank pressure ? (sender or receiver) issue

2006 Monaco Camelot 42DSQ

new to us as of may this year and the dealer (National Indoor) said here is the part for the front (TOP) air pressure gauge, it is easy you can replace it yourself...  Part 360004

Have it being serviced at a Diesel shop and they put it in and now it works but is reading backwards...they tried the wires both ways.  Shop says they have switches that can be senders and receivers, he is sure we have a wrong part....

Called REV group 1.5 hours on hold they come back and say it is part # 10102659 and they have it in stock, i pull it up on their site while on the phone and that part says oil sender and looks nothing like our original one (which is attached to this).  I asked about the difference in the type of switch and his reply was...YEAH I KNOW BUT THAT IS IT.  

https://parts.revgroup.com/item-detail?itemId=474228&organizationId=9

Only marking on the original part is a # 7437 (you can see it in the photo)

Ideas anyone, REV is at lunch now and I really hate to hold for 1.5 hours again.

pressure switch.jpg

Edited by stacyhall
added comment

The sending unit is no more than a variable resister with one end connected to ground through the sensing unit and the there end connected to the insulated terminal on the sending unit which is connected to the "S" terminal on the analogue gauge.

The only way that the analogue gauge could read backward would be if the polarity would have to been reversed on the gauge,  This could have happen when they were troubleshooting the problem.

Also make sure that the pointer on analogue gauge is position on the correct side of the mechanical stop on the gauge face. When I was changing the oil pressure sending unit on my coach I had the pointer jump to the wrong side of the mechanical stop and the pointer couldn't move.  I had to drill a small hole in the back of the instrument and flip the pointer on the opposite of the mechanical stop.

Jim

Jim

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

The pressure sensor they try to sell you is more than $200 overpriced and it is not what you need anyway. Incredible markup.

i know right...what the mark up!  when he tried to close me with shall i ship it now, i was like, umm i will have the shop order it, i dont know their address 🙂

1 hour ago, Jim Byrd said:

The sending unit is no more than a variable resister with one end connected to ground through the sensing unit and the there end connected to the insulated terminal on the sending unit which is connected to the "S" terminal on the analogue gauge.

The only way that the analogue gauge could read backward would be if the polarity would have to been reversed on the gauge,  This could have happen when they were troubleshooting the problem.

Also make sure that the pointer on analogue gauge is position on the correct side of the mechanical stop on the gauge face. When I was changing the oil pressure sending unit on my coach I had the pointer jump to the wrong side of the mechanical stop and the pointer couldn't move.  I had to drill a small hole in the back of the instrument and flip the pointer on the opposite of the mechanical stop.

Jim

Jim

sent the shop your suggestion and they said that was impossible to happen since is a one wire sending unit....back to on hold with rev

You can get the sending unit from NAPA,

• Like 1

good news/bad news...REV group finally found me the right part #...bad news no longer available...good news they have a manufacturer part # Beede127437...bad news Beede out of business.... good new Amazon has one $43.00

Thank you to everyone who helped with my issue. 

image0.jpeg