Question On Replacing Ride Height Control Valve

I know the inherent dangers of doing so, chock the tires, drive it up on blocks, etc. New to me RV leaks down on driver side. Lately, I was under the rv adjusting the ride height and noticed the rear driver ride height control valve perpetually leaks air from the exhaust tube, so I bought a new one. My question - when I loosen the air lines going into the rear driver side ride height control valve, will the entire system deflate (all 4 corners) or just the rear corner bag?

11 hours ago, redeye0315 said:

I know the inherent dangers of doing so, chock the tires, drive it up on blocks, etc. New to me RV leaks down on driver side. Lately, I was under the rv adjusting the ride height and noticed the rear driver ride height control valve perpetually leaks air from the exhaust tube, so I bought a new one. My question - when I loosen the air lines going into the rear driver side ride height control valve, will the entire system deflate (all 4 corners) or just the rear corner bag?

Normally just that corner will lose air and deflate, however, the front will lean that way also since there is just one control valve up there.

PLEASE be sure to have the entire weight of the coach supported on jack stands before getting underneath, and ESPECIALLY when you're working on the air system.

Even if the tires are supported high enough, it can catch an arm in there when it suddenly drops.

Also, dropping air from one corner can easily twist the chassis, which usually breaks the windshield, or worse.

8 hours ago, Ivylog said:

Two 4X4 inserted between the H frame and the main frame will support that side of the MH. Drain the air out of both tanks before removing the ride height valve.

I'm afraid I'm unsure what exactly the "H" frame is and where this space between the "H" frame and main frame exists. Could someone post a picture or a diagram with a photo?

If you disconnect the air line going to the ride height valve the air pressure for the suspension will be lost.  You should drain down the air pressure before removing the lines from the ride height valves.

If you disconnect the air line going to the ride height valve the air pressure for the suspension will be lost.  You should drain down the air pressure before removing the lines from the ride height valves.

I had one of my valves on the back leaking just enough to hear. could get under enough to find a number and then I decided to try cleaning it. Took the rubber cap off the bottom and sprayed it with silicone spray and replaced the rubber cap. The valve has stopped leaking for now. Holds air overnight. The old number is no longer listed but had a parts place cross it over to another. Old valve shows made in Germany. New one shows made in Mexico. I figure the twenty year old valve from Germany is better than the new from Mexico. Valve is in a position where it is really had for me to get to. My back just won't take that anymore. Was going to take to a shop here and just have all three replaced but they were booked out three weeks. A lot of moving parts under there when the air drops off.