Sparks under the rear

Last winter  my daughter and 2 granddaughters came to see us off and immediately called to say sparks and fire were under the coach. I stopped and found nothing nor smelled nothing. So we started again with them on the phone and it started again as soon as we were moving, again I looked everywhere and especially at moving items like driveshaft, wheels found nothing. So the third time and yet again now I'm frustrated so my granddaughter gets out to go ahead and record it for me this time nothing these three stops and starts take about 4 or 5 hundred yards. Now I'm at a place where I'll be on a main street thru town so they follow in the car and thru the whole town with the stop and starts nothing so on to Fl. we went. When leaving FL. this spring had a friend watch and nothing.

Read some stuff here about some chassis failures and things dragging , broken welds, Etc.  I got the coach jacked up and have looked everywhere still nothing. 

Could it have been tag axel brakes stuck for a little bit? when I left it rolled from the get go fine not like a hang up but maybe the tag axel I wouldn't notice.

Best I can tell my coach was made in Coburg plant # 10 start date 5/10/02 delivered sometime in July . Of course has the S series 10 bag chassis not sure if this has the problems that were discussed here before.

Any thoughts ?

Roy 2003 Dynasty

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Last winter  my daughter and 2 granddaughters came to see us off and immediately called to say sparks and fire were under the coach. I stopped and found nothing nor smelled nothing. So we started again with them on the phone and it started again as soon as we were moving, again I looked everywhere and especially at moving items like driveshaft, wheels found nothing. So the third time and yet again now I'm frustrated so my granddaughter gets out to go ahead and record it for me this time nothing these three stops and starts take about 4 or 5 hundred yards. Now I'm at a place where I'll be on a main street thru town so they follow in the car and thru the whole town with the stop and starts nothing so on to Fl. we went. When leaving FL. this spring had a friend watch and nothing.

Read some stuff here about some chassis failures and things dragging , broken welds, Etc.  I got the coach jacked up and have looked everywhere still nothing. 

Could it have been tag axel brakes stuck for a little bit? when I left it rolled from the get go fine not like a hang up but maybe the tag axel I wouldn't notice.

Best I can tell my coach was made in Coburg plant # 10 start date 5/10/02 delivered sometime in July . Of course has the S series 10 bag chassis not sure if this has the problems that were discussed here before.

Any thoughts ?

Roy 2003 Dynasty

My wife was following me in Florida one morning 🌄 bright sunshine.

She called and told me to pullover 

Flames out the back she said.

I found nothing 

This happened 3 times.

I finally figured that it was the sun's reflection shimmering on the rock guard .

Problem solved. 🤗🤗🤗

• Like 1

You are on the right track. Anything that comes in contact with the ground or stuff that moves (wheels, drive shafts)

I’ve overheated semi brakes using Johnny bar to brake the trailer. The drums bright red and linings on fire, but no sparks. But it’s not to say that you had a brake lining come apart and have metal grinding in there. 

Just a word to wise, with fire season, any of us would be in the hook for millions $$$$ if it was found out we sparked a fire with our gear. Stay safe out there

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, miacasa_2000 said:

Thanks the weird part is this happened after sitting 8 months and every thing was ice cold and after couple hundred yards it ended and never came back.

Roy 2003 Dynasty  

I assume after sitting for 8 months your bus settled to a low point 

No air 

I have seen it take quite a bit of time, and some miles down the road for the rear rock guard to stop dragging. 

It's not uncommon to see busses leaving out with the rear end dragging 😒

Even after airing up to travel mode 

8 months with no air ?

Those bags are stiff.