Great Service report

Just wanted to pass on that if you are in or around the N. Las Vegas area and need chassis service Velocity Truck (Freightliner) is oneI highly reccomend. They are a Cat/Cummins/Allison service center as well as body shop, RV body....etc They have a dedicated service section and service writer for ONLY motorhomes and are VERY familiar with Monaco, to the point of have all Monaco manuals and electrical schematics. They are very fair and very attentive. I have been fighting a communications issue with my transmission causing my ATC, check trans, check engine lights to flash which in turn shut my cruise control and engine brake off. I have been to a couple different shops to no avail and have spent hours looking. I went in yesterday for a trans fluid/filter change and to address this electrcal gremiln. Within about 2 hours they were able to get the trans to go into trouble mode and then the hunt was gone. an hour later they had traced the issue to a single wire burried way under the mess of cables under the dash and a few minutes later had it fixed. 

There were about 8 or so RV's there either being worked on or in holding. I guess what I am most impressed about it they had all of the schematics for my 09 Sig and knew how to work on it. We chatted about me having the Chasis Multiplex and they were even very familiar with that system and cautioned me about just rolling into any shop for repairs that could involve that. 

Again, highly reccomended, John the dedicated RV Service writer was outstanding. They don't do apts from what I understand is the only issue. They open at 0730 and appeared to be first come first serve. We got there at 0730, was in front of the service bay by about 0815 and while there all day it wasn't becasue of just sitting, they were working on our issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brett63 said:

Just wanted to pass on that if you are in or around the N. Las Vegas area and need chassis service Velocity Truck (Freightliner) is oneI highly reccomend. They are a Cat/Cummins/Allison service center as well as body shop, RV body....etc They have a dedicated service section and service writer for ONLY motorhomes and are VERY familiar with Monaco, to the point of have all Monaco manuals and electrical schematics. They are very fair and very attentive. I have been fighting a communications issue with my transmission causing my ATC, check trans, check engine lights to flash which in turn shut my cruise control and engine brake off. I have been to a couple different shops to no avail and have spent hours looking. I went in yesterday for a trans fluid/filter change and to address this electrcal gremiln. Within about 2 hours they were able to get the trans to go into trouble mode and then the hunt was gone. an hour later they had traced the issue to a single wire burried way under the mess of cables under the dash and a few minutes later had it fixed. 

There were about 8 or so RV's there either being worked on or in holding. I guess what I am most impressed about it they had all of the schematics for my 09 Sig and knew how to work on it. We chatted about me having the Chasis Multiplex and they were even very familiar with that system and cautioned me about just rolling into any shop for repairs that could involve that. 

Again, highly reccomended, John the dedicated RV Service writer was outstanding. They don't do apts from what I understand is the only issue. They open at 0730 and appeared to be first come first serve. We got there at 0730, was in front of the service bay by about 0815 and while there all day it wasn't becasue of just sitting, they were working on our issue.

Brett

Thanks for the great informative post.  Their web site provides this info ;

3701 Freightliner Dr, North Las Vegas, NV 89081