Aux gas connection

fredelkamp

We recently had our Norcold 1210 converted to a 12 compressor, making available a capped off gas line that I think would be perfect for installing an aux gas connection to use on our Blackstone griddle. Would this work, has anyone done this and what kind of hardware will I need?

IMG_0504.jpg

I would be surprised if you investigated you would find a low pressure stub below the LP tank fill. Normally located under the coach, but easily accessed and stubbed out and capped 1/2" black iron pipe. Check it out. Mine was located there. I have '06 Cayman. Used some of the same item that are listed in the preceeding posts. I run my blackstone off of it. Good luck.

Removed the oven/ cooktop and installed a induction cooktop plus storage below. Bought a single burner propane portable that we use inside hooked to the unused rubber hose … valve and a type C quick connect. Type C because I use my airline to supply propane to a portable campfire and the burner if using outside off the propane outlet in the fuel bay. Yes, I blow the air hose out before putting air in a tire.

2 hours ago, tmw188 said:

Yes I have done the same thing on a different coach. Some parts you’ll need. Plan on doing it to this coach too.

<snip>

DF3CED4D-4887-4779-8904-142C037717E9.png

What would I need to connect this Quick Connect Adapter to my copper pipe in the picture? A 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe brass tube fitting?

Anderson Metals 54048-0604 Brass Tube Fitting, Half-Union, 3/8" Flare x 1/4" Male Pipe