Norcold Part

Guest bobstromain

Guest bobstromain

I am in need of a new High Temperature Switch that is part of Norcold's Safety Re call.   Mine has never tripped.  It started intermittently  dropping the 12 Volts just for a split second then right back on. This stops the 12 volts from getting to the board for a split second resulting in shutting the fridg down for a few seconds.  Never has to be reset.  This happens even when you first turn it on and all the pipes are cold so it is not due to overheating and it continues throughout the operation of the unit.  I bypassed the  switch and every thing runs perfect.  In order to get a new one I must go to a shop they run a test and fill out forms then Norcold sells them the part.   Earliest appointment available end of October .    The numbers on this switch are 634677 Rev B   Does any one who has converted to residential Happen to have this switch?  I saw only one on internet that looks like mine but has different numbers and Rev   Any comments are appreciated  

Bob St. Romain

04 Windsor

If my memory serves me correct, there were 5 revisions to that switch.  Each revision lowered the temperature the switch would activate.  That was done to keep the frig from catching fire.  The fire would start at the 120 vac wiring for the heaters where those wires entered the flu tube.  The higher temps would melt the insulation off the wires causing the bare wires to short out against the metal conduit going into the flu tube.  

The fix was to use a bake lite type housing that would not conduct the 120 vac current when it shorted out due to the high heat.  The new housing along with the rev 5 was the final fix for the fire problem.  I will try to get the pictures to Frank M to post on the group.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Pictures now attached

110895.jpeg

110893.jpeg

Guest bobstromain

Thanks Kenneth  Yes I would like to have it.  Have you ever had to reset it?  Let me know what you want for it and freight cost.

Bob St, Romain 19535 Deer Park Ave, Baton Rouge La. 70817    Let me know what I need to do 

Thank you!

You can have it for the freight charge. Then you can buy me a beer if we ever meet up. If pac n mail is open tomorrow I will get it coming your way. Do you want cheapest freight or something expedited? I never had to reset it. I have the whole norcold 1200 if you need other parts. It was working pretty good if not really hot. I just went ahead and switched it to a residential. 

Kenneth

Guest bobstromain

Cheapest way is fine. I really appreciate it.  When you know freight charge let me know In will send you a check.  I would love to meet up and have that beer.  You never know....we were at an rv park with friends who have a coach just like ours ( 04 Windsor ) And who walks up but Dave Pratt

Bob St. Romain 19535 Deer Park Ave.  Baton Rouge La.  70817   225  933-3473