Small HWH hydraulic bedroom slide won't slide out

2004 Dynasty Diamond 4 HWH small passenger side bedroom slide won't go out. The rear cylinder does not activate while the front does causing the slide to bind.

Have checked the fluid level and the 4 fuses for the HWH slides and all are good. 1 fuse for each of the 3 slides and 1 for the generator slide. 

Does anyone have the Hydraulic diagram or at least know where the equalizer Hydraulic cylinder is located for the small bedroom slide?

I have checked under the slide cabinets, under the bath sink where the lines run thru from both cylinders, and inside the top of each bay on the passenger side of the frame rails.

Pete from HWH in Arizona suggested checking the equalizer cylinder which I am having trouble locating.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mike

2004 Dynasty

Finding the synchronizing cylinder is’t going to help you as there’s nothing to be seen. You can equalize the synchronizing cylinder by holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stops moving in both directions. Yes, this is contrary to what you would think he would do with a hydraulic system. 

I would start by holding the switch in the in position for five seconds and then see if it will go out on its own. If it won’t go out on its own, then have someone push on the end that is’t moving to get the slide to go out and then once out,  keep holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds.

it’s a good idea to hold the switch on longer than necessary about every 10 time you  put the slide in or out.

PS: I had a 04 Diamond 4 Dynasty.

Edited by Ivylog

35 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Finding the synchronizing cylinder is’t going to help you as there’s nothing to be seen. You can equalize the synchronizing cylinder by holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stops moving in both directions. Yes, this is contrary to what you would think he would do with a hydraulic system. 

I would start by holding the switch in the in position for five seconds and then see if it will go out on its own. If it won’t go out on its own, then have someone push on the end that is’t moving to get the slide to go out and then once out,  keep holding the switch on for 3 to 5 seconds.

it’s a good idea to hold the switch on longer than necessary about every 10 time you  put the slide in or out.

PS: I had a 04 Diamond 4 Dynasty.

Yes, we already do that. I have been told by HWH that it is probably the equalizing cylinder, therefore I need to find it so I can continue to troubleshoot with the HWH tech.

Found the issue.

Removed the top nut on the room cylinders after finding the sync cylinder. Activated the slide switch and both cylinders performed properly. That determined it was not a cylinder issue. Examined both mechanisms and found numerous plastic bushings worn out. Now waiting for Hwh to ship 2 sets of bushings and will replace the old bushings with a new set on each mechanism.

Edited by bmulvenna@hotmail.com
  • Thanks 1