Speedometer reading incorrectly.

This speedometer isn’t digital it’s a manual speedo. The dial has a conversion on it so you read the miles/hr on the outside scale and the km/hr on the inner scale. If you have a GPS it might tell you what speed your doing. That way you celebrate the error factor and maybe you could see if the dial face has slipped out of alignment? 

11 hours ago, Rick A said:

This speedometer isn’t digital it’s a manual speedo. The dial has a conversion on it so you read the miles/hr on the outside scale and the km/hr on the inner scale. If you have a GPS it might tell you what speed your doing. That way you celebrate the error factor and maybe you could see if the dial face has slipped out of alignment? 

Thanks for the reply.  The Aladdin and my GPS does register the correct MPH, it's just the speedo itself that's incorrect.  I'll inspect the back of the unit for dipswitches and hopefully get lucky that it's set to kmh.  Would seem odd since coach has only 14k miles and two owners, near as I can tell was always a US coach.

56 minutes ago, Oregon04Windsor said:

Thanks for the reply.  The Aladdin and my GPS does register the correct MPH, it's just the speedo itself that's incorrect.  I'll inspect the back of the unit for dipswitches and hopefully get lucky that it's set to kmh.  Would seem odd since coach has only 14k miles and two owners, near as I can tell was always a US coach.

The speedo isn't reading kilometers, if it was, it would be reading higher than true, not lower. 

• Like 1