Payback for Help

JDCrow

So past Feb I got the Dip and my buddy helped with the flooring. 

Now they are visiting and he picked up a new to him truck. 1 owner, ordered new from Ford, 80k on the OD, but it has sat. 

The Delta was 30/40 degrees. Flushed, backflushed to no avail. New oil cooler going on. 

11F565F3-9BCB-4C8A-B3B8-015E2D4F2ED2.jpeg

3A413863-CE9F-416B-AE2C-86BEE1927BD8.jpeg

2E0D36D3-5205-421F-8579-26F2E22B996E.jpeg

E32EC5B9-1CE5-490C-96D3-154AF96F1EC9.jpeg

14460DA3-6D5C-4582-9469-15861351017A.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ivan K said:

You certainly are a busy body. My knees hurt just from looking at the first picture. You may want to consider one of these if more of it is in your future, so much easier...

20210920_121821.jpg

Bro, you wanna donate a shop and a lift I’ll get one! 😂😂

I don’t do this for a living, just for fun. 

Guest Ray Davis

I don't think Ivan was referring to the lift but the ladder like device in front of the PU.   I believe it's adjustable and you step up then lay on the padded top that supports your chest or what ever.   Makes hanging out over an engine compartment much less painful,  so they say.

Ivan,  good looking shop.   Looks like you might be a busy body too.   I see the Corvette and about a 69 PU but whatcha got covered up.    Is it a work truck or are you restoring it.   My son has one he restored,  it's pretty sweet,  now he wants to take the 454 out and put a 6.0 in it.    I have been with him a few times to the swap meet      out at Tex Motor Speedway but I just can't hardly do all that walking anymore.

22 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

I don't think Ivan was referring to the lift but the ladder like device in front of the PU.   I believe it's adjustable and you step up then lay on the padded top that supports your chest or what ever.   Makes hanging out over an engine compartment much less painful,  so they say.

Ivan,  good looking shop.   Looks like you might be a busy body too.   I see the Corvette and about a 69 PU but whatcha got covered up.    Is it a work truck or are you restoring it.   My son has one he restored,  it's pretty sweet,  now he wants to take the 454 out and put a 6.0 in it.    I have been with him a few times to the swap meet      out at Tex Motor Speedway but I just can't hardly do all that walking anymore.

Yeah I know what he meant. But step is no good without a shop. Here’s my shop floor. 

If wanted to loan the shop, I’d buy the ladder 

F6EA72E8-0BF9-4D50-8EEA-15484081C4A3.jpeg

Guest Ray Davis
24 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Yeah I know what he meant. But step is no good without a shop. Here’s my shop floor. 

Actually,  I think it would work there,  and you might be able to rent them,  I don't know.   

Youth is a wonderful thing I used to work in those terrible positions like you are in the pict but not so much anymore if I can help it.

14 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Actually,  I think it would work there,  and you might be able to rent them,  I don't know.   

Youth is a wonderful thing I used to work in those terrible positions like you are in the pict but not so much anymore if I can help it.

At 49 I’m starting to let some others work on the projects that don’t interest me (wheel bearings, brakes etc)

Your shop is amazing! I’m not a big Camarillo guy, but love the CJ 

Guest Ray Davis
1 hour ago, Ivan K said:

Yes, the topside creeper was my point, awesome for big trucks.

Ray, here is a different view, different day. The one under cover is a 68 Camaro 454. Others behind me and outside are in progress. The white/blue RS got a 540CI BBC on juice.

2017-08-07_20-01-07_613.jpg

Topside creeper,  I didn't know the name.

Yeah this shot is better.  All kinds of fun things in there.   Hope you have a big dog, a big lock, and a big gun,  lots of lowlifes would like to get in there.

Don't listen to JD,   Chevy still rules,  especially that 55.   That was back in my day.   I remember when the small block came out,  we thought how can they ever top that.   Love those Camaros too and the  CJ.

14 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Topside creeper,  I didn't know the name.

Yeah this shot is better.  All kinds of fun things in there.   Hope you have a big dog, a big lock, and a big gun,  lots of lowlifes would like to get in there.

Don't listen to JD,   Chevy still rules,  especially that 55.   That was back in my day.   I remember when the small block came out,  we thought how can they ever top that.   Love those Camaros too and the  CJ.

You mean someone has been listening to me? 
Hold my beer, Need to go get the wife….

6.0 back together out for a test drive now 

F2BAEB46-58C6-4DA1-AB1B-A103D77F5574.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
  • Haha 1

Guest Ray Davis
7 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

You mean someone has been listening to me? 
Need to go get the wife….

6.0 back together out for a test drive now 

Yep I listen,  I know what you mean though,  I often wonder if anybody reads my posts.   Your posts are interesting so I read them all.   I'm living vicariously     (big word)  through your many projects,  keep it coming. 

I saw you had the 6.0 torn down, what all were you doing?

Edited by Ray Davis

2 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Yep I listen,  I know what you mean though,  I often wonder if anybody reads my posts.   Your posts are interesting so I read them all.   I'm living vicariously     (big word)  through your many projects,  keep it coming. 

I saw you had the 6.0 torn down, what all were you doing?

Oil cooler, trucks been sitting 

56CD0EFC-2599-4071-875A-51EE5D9DBA57.jpeg

FCFA7A14-F223-4F2A-AB57-2800B30B3121.jpeg

Guest Ray Davis
2 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Oil cooler, trucks been sitting 

Huh,  didn't know what I was seeing.  Looks kinda nasty.

Bet you would enjoy this thread  https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/just-purchased-wrecked-2004-camelot-pdq-big-project-444980.html

and this one https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mods-upgrades-to-our-2003-dynasty-237276.html

Guest Ray Davis
2 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

All of the above 🙂 I know when something moves around here.

2017-06-09_15-04-44_000.jpg

👍 I figured as much, nice doggie,  nice doggie!!!   Ivan,  you lost your head.   I have leos in the family but lets face it they can't protect us unless maybe they are spending the night.   Rest of the time we're on our own.   We got some new gun laws here in Tex so they better not mess with us.  LOL