Sony In-Dash No CD Audio

cbr046

This is a long shot as I don't think anyone here can solve the problem. But, we have the Sony In-Dash CD AM FM player and I have added a dongle so I can stream from the phone. It worked great at first but now it will not allow audio from the phone or from CDs 2 exit the speakers. Everything seems to play but no audio. FM and AM settings work perfectly. I am not afraid to go inside and look for cold solder joints, Etc.

Given it's a goner, what do people like as a replacement? I would like the ability to plug in storage and play from that, plus streaming and CD, and FM / am of course. Having XM is good idea but I don't do satellite radio... But you never know.

What harness does this radio mimic? Ford? GM?

- bob

9 hours ago, cbr046 said:

This is a long shot as I don't think anyone here can solve the problem. But, we have the Sony In-Dash CD AM FM player and I have added a dongle so I can stream from the phone. It worked great at first but now it will not allow audio from the phone or from CDs 2 exit the speakers. Everything seems to play but no audio. FM and AM settings work perfectly. I am not afraid to go inside and look for cold solder joints, Etc.

Given it's a goner, what do people like as a replacement? I would like the ability to plug in storage and play from that, plus streaming and CD, and FM / am of course. Having XM is good idea but I don't do satellite radio... But you never know.

What harness does this radio mimic? Ford? GM?

- bob

Harness on mine was wired straight to wires from head unit, so I did same for new unit. 

I went with a Boss big floating. Goes into single din, but has a big 10” screen. No CD, CDs are fading fast. It does Apple car play or Android. Also has input for 2 cameras. I use one for backup camera. 

Wiring was a breeze 

EC9E6291-7B9B-490C-B3E6-2506D9FD5FC0.jpeg

C972ABAD-8631-4363-A984-F80DCD140B29.jpeg

5A7A9D0F-5922-4906-8AEF-1D76A9D53A87.jpeg

2222FA78-49D1-44AA-9959-D9C7DAA13F55.jpeg

17D878D3-1ED4-4608-8806-758282BC5A29.jpeg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Flyinhy said:

Nice set-up........Yea, my black and white camera and the crackling sound from my Sony have to go. I still have a few more important repairs first though. 

The new Boss is around $300 from Amazon. The Ram set ups are about $65-$80 each

I have my eye on this one . . .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S55GWK/?coliid=I3PFHEIO3DZB2T&colid=4YSHFTHXNNUJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

BOSS Audio Systems BV9986BI Car DVD Player - Single Din, 7 Inch Digital LCD, Bluetooth Audio and Hands-Free Calling, DVD, CD, MP3, USB, SD Aux-in, AM/FM...

81fAVboCjVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

At $170 it won't break the bank (and still more than I want to spend) and has everything could possible need (except XM).  I'd hook a camera to it but the angle is all wrong for viewing.  Maybe a BC40 camera for the Garmin . . . .

And while the CD might be dating me at least it's not 8-track.

- bob

Just now, Ray Davis said:

I have a switch on my console that switches the speakers from TV to Radio.

Seems obvious but could that be it?

Switch?  Not here, besides FM works perfect . . . . for about 45 min then you have to hunt another station. 

- bob

7 minutes ago, cbr046 said:

I have my eye on this one . . .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S55GWK/?coliid=I3PFHEIO3DZB2T&colid=4YSHFTHXNNUJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

BOSS Audio Systems BV9986BI Car DVD Player - Single Din, 7 Inch Digital LCD, Bluetooth Audio and Hands-Free Calling, DVD, CD, MP3, USB, SD Aux-in, AM/FM...

81fAVboCjVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

At $170 it won't break the bank (and still more than I want to spend) and has everything could possible need (except XM).  I'd hook a camera to it but the angle is all wrong for viewing.  Maybe a BC40 camera for the Garmin . . . .

And while the CD might be dating me at least it's not 8-track.

- bob

I’ve been happy with the Boss. The quality is not Pioneer or Kenwood, but it just right for us as a part time rig. It won’t tilt some? The motorized maybe prevents it?