Another Electrical Gremlin Question

rvingstuff

This will take some explanation. So... a short explanation, this will NOT be!!!

I attempted to explain in nauseating details. So please read this entire posting before commenting.

I've been having problems since my semi-disastrous vacation several months ago. While most of my... situations have been corrected (Third A/C unit replaces, New Refrigerator, Hit-n-run to my beautiful coach!!!!, Coolant hoses rubbing together long enough to spring a sizable leak in the middle of our desert crossing!!!!).

Now I'm down to electrical gremlins, inside and outside. I'll stick to the outside power one for now:
1. WHILE PLUGED INTO SHORE POWER:
My Transfer Switch switches - on its own, for no apparent reason – switched from Shore Power to "NO AC POWER." This was previously happening about three or four time each morning. I get an indicator on my Aladdin System “Ground Fault.” But the park I’m in – after testing my Shore Power post - states that there is no problem with this Shore Power. This is my residence (Full Timing) and they’re pretty good with this stuff.
2. WHILE PLUGED INTO SHORE POWER:
I noticed that the Inverter light (On Light) flashes on and off about every 30 sec. Now when there's “No AC Power”, the inverter light does NOT go on at all. Once shore power reconnects (automatically via the Transfer switch) the Inverter lite again goes on (within 10 seconds from that connection).
3. When I get this “No AC Power” indicator, it appears that there is no electricity coming in from the batteries
a. The Solar Panel monitor registers: “DC OFF”
b. The Inverter light doesn’t come on at all
c. The Aladdin simply displays “No Shore Power”
d. If I turn the generator on:
1) The Solar Panel monitor reads “Charging” with the appropriate charging setting. If I turn the generator off, the Solar Panel monitor immediately returns to “DC Off.”
2). The Inverter light begins flashing as normal. But stops flashing when I shot the generator off.
4. Now - in the last 15 minutes - I turn the Shore Power breaker back on (I’d disconnected from Shore Power attempting to isolate the power flow), everything seems to have returns to normal operations. It seems to be holding. But I’m absolutely positive that this gremlin will return in this evening and or in the morning.

I’d originally thought that it was a faulty of the Transfer Switch. But with the Inverter also switching off when I disconnect (turn the Shore Power circuit off) the Inverter also shuts down. I’d think that the Inverter should continue to convert the electricity and power stuff in the coach… as it had before. Or, is this an indication that the Transfer Switch also disconnects the power to the Inverter. Not allowing the Inverter any electricity from the batteries, therefore NOT running?

I’d appreciate input from those of you who are well versed in these types of electrical scenario.

TS = Surge Guard, RV Power Protection Automatic Transfer Switch Model # 40250 120/240V 50A 60 HZ
Inverter = MAGNA Sine Magnum Energy - Model#: MS2812 Inverter Charger

IMG_20190402_065124.jpg

PXL_20201119_170658993.jpg

PXL_20210317_195327397.jpg

I'm not well versed in much of anything but, when I had and still occasionally have this problem, pushing the reset button next to the indictor light and holding it until the light blinks rapidly will usually solve the problem. It's in the Magna operators manual. 

1 hour ago, engine103 said:

I'm not well versed in much of anything but, when I had and still occasionally have this problem, pushing the reset button next to the indictor light and holding it until the light blinks rapidly will usually solve the problem. It's in the Magna operators manual. 

On mine, the "reset button" in already in. No way to push further,

23 minutes ago, DrDon4u said:

I have a guy in Tucson AZ that maybe able to help you. He really gets into problems like this. His name is Kenneth Cameron with Reliable Maintenance Services. 520-490-7632. He is really great at this kind of stuff.

Do you know if he will diagnose over the phone? I'm in the San Diego area.

I had a certified electrician check out the park's power pedestal yesterday and today he opened the Model # 40250 Surge Guard by Technologies Research Corp. in FL. Remember that this unit is from 2006 (our coach's age).

We searched the Internet for a technical manual for this model, based on that year/age. I also called the manufacturer, but they are already closed for today.

Do any of you have an or know where I can get/purchase an electronic version of the model (from 2006)? I'd gladly pay for a "technical manual."

• 2 weeks later...

It is appearing that the problem appears (?) to be in the park's grounding. Still investigating... but... I'll let y'll know as soon as we do.