Slide out cargo tray motorization

Guest KenAVTech

Guest KenAVTech

Has anyone seen anything on how to motorize a manual pull out cargo tray?

I have ideas on how to do this but would prefer to not reinvent the wheel!

Thanks

I would love to have a manual tray, my auto tray stopped working and now there is now way to get it in or out. My auto tray was made by Kwikee Step company and NO THERE HAS A CLUE HOW IT WORKS. There for they can't help me get it fixed. Be happy with what you have.

Edited by DrDon4u

Ken linear actuators in all lengths and capacities are available on Ebay. They used to be quite affordable. However for some reason the price had increased significantly the last time I looked. Still a bargain. Kind of fun to play around with. If you really want to impress the locals you can add a 2 channel RF remote for 10 bucks.

Edited by Gary Cole

DRDON, about halfway back on theside of the tray there is a lever that you will see. Pull it up and the tray will be manual opertation. Did you check the small plunger switch just inside the door on top. it should be on the right. if wire off or issue with it tray will not operate.

Hi Mark,

That was the first thing I did, pulled the lever, guess what? Would not budge a bit, not even 1/4 of and inch. Thats when I called Kwikee (Lippert)

Their engineers had no idea what to do. I can't move the tray to get at the switches or get the bolts out so that I could remove this piece of garbage.

I did check the door switches on both sides, they were working fine.

Thats where Im at now.

Edited by DrDon4u

2 hours ago, DrDon4u said:

Hi Mark,

That was the first thing I did, pulled the lever, guess what? Would not budge a bit, not even 1/4 of and inch.

There is a motorized lock in the middle on the side with the lever.  One of mine seems to get out of sync once a year and has so much pressure on it it won't unlock.  It's the last photo on the attachment.  I take the bolts out of the motor that attach it to the assembly, run the motor until it fits back in the hole and put the bolts back in.

Power SuperSlide II Pictures.pdf

Edited by Hypoxia

Thank you, When I get the time and energy I'll have to hit it again. Its not easy to get in there.

There is no room to work. I'll try to find the lock motor. That may have been the problem all this time.

I asked LIPPERT how much a new conrtol module would cost, Guess what they told me? $2,000.

I ask her to check the price again, she came back with $2,000. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

$2000 for a handful of Chinese Chiclets and 200 lines of code some guy probably wrote between lunch breaks 😳

I bought a Auduino how to book a few months ago. Thinking about a HVAC home automation project involving solar, active and passive.

I would spend a month or so learning how to code the obviously simple program, Auduino code appears to be quite intuitive,  build the $30  microprocessor board, install it. And then send a copy of the receipts for the book and the $30 board to them just for the satisfaction of denying the lousy bastards the $2000.00. 

Edited by Gary Cole