Hydraulic Jacks vs HWH AIR

powersltc

Ron P.

2004 Monaco Executive 

My HWH on my 2004 Monaco Executive is not working.   

My question:

Has anyone tried using portable air hydraulic jacks on there motorhome.   Harbor freight has 20 ton air hydraulic jacks.   I was thinking about getting two jacks for the front and using my air compressor to raise jacks.

Any ideas/suggestions. 

Ron P.

Ron, this is just my opinion but without the computerized assist when trying to level your coach, you may find yourself twisting the frame to the point of windshield breakage and/or slide issues. I would not recommend leveling as you've described above....Dennis

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

I would not trust the quality of the Harbor Freight jacks on my coach.  An ole saying goes, "you get what you pay for".  Especially in your trust of them to hold the coach up while you are under it.

NEVER, EVER get under your coach when it is supported by hydraulic jacks, whether the built in ones or service jacks.

Also, NEVER get under it when it is sitting on it's air suspension either.

With either case, a simple line failure will drop the coach suddenly and without warning, to about 4" from the ground, which I suspect is smaller than the diameter of your head.

The ONLY acceptable method of holding up a coach to get underneath  are MECHANICAL JACK STANDS rated for the weight of the coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuck B said:

I would not trust the quality of the Harbor Freight jacks on my coach.  An ole saying goes, "you get what you pay for".  Especially in your trust of them to hold the coach up while you are under it.

IMO, never, ever, trust hydraulic jacks to hold up the vehicle while you're under it. Blocking is the ONLY safe method. Be safe....Dennis

1 hour ago, powersltc said:

My coach on the right front loses air over a couple days.   Thought about using jack to stabilize. 

Most likely then, you have an air leak. Get a bottle of kids bubbles from the Dollar Tree. Liberally spray around the air bags. As they age they can leak. Also the fittings around them and everywhere in that area. The way I do it is when I do my annual oil filter, oil, fuel filter and lube, I get it done at my local SpeedCo. They will allow you in the 'pit' and check your fittings then. Often they will simply do it for me but I've been going to them for several years. Doesn't take long and I get to ensure there are no leaks. If any are found, at least they're pinpointed. Block the coach and fix it or take it to a competent shop for repairs. You'll know where the leaks are. Last year I found six places where air was escaping.....good luck..Dennis

DL..You beat me to it.!!!